A Team With Lots Of Class?

Migrant Redbird

I don't have a problem with what Braun did but I do have a problem with a pitcher doing a fist pump after every strike thrown. Could be my hatred for the RS and Yanks also...:o

I have a problem with the pitchers because they are deliberately showing somebody up. Pointing and yelling and pumping fists is ridiculous.

I don't particularly like Braun, but I have no problem with what he did. He did not stop and watch it, he did not flip his bat or anything like that. It seems to me like he did not even want to follow through with whatever that was on the way to the dugout. So if you want to blame anybody, blame Fielder and Cameron, not Braun.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with what Braun, Fielder, and the rest of the Brewers do after homeruns, b/c they have been doing it all season. Braun was the guy who did the shadow boxing with Fielder during the home run derby. Just as I had no problem with McGuire and the Cards doing the belly punching, or the bash brothers bashing forearms.

As long as the players do it every time, I don't see it as showing up the other team. I would actually like to see the Orioles come up with something like that. I see something like that as a chemistry thing. Guys who enjoy playing with each other come up with things like stupid nicknames, and silly handshakes. Otherwise you end up looking business like and boring like the Red Sox have become since Manny, and actually since Millar left.

We always hear people claiming that ballplayers are "adults getting paid to play a kids game" when the most recent ludicrous contract is signed. Then when the players show any semblance of having fun with each with each other, whether it be chest bumping after a victory, executing a 10 step handshake after a home run, or fist pumping after striking someone out, those same people get all up in arms about "showing up the other team."

Archived