Rox Trade For Unknown Right-handed Bullpen Help

Greg Pappas

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take Chris Nelson but the Rox wouldn't do it.

Nelson doesn't have that much value for the Rockie's. He has not played since May 22nd this year and other than one seaon in the California League his numbers have been pretty bad. With Tulo in the majors and Hector Gomez right behind him it seems like he should be available.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=nelson003chr

After the tragedy that happened last time with this sort of trade, I hope not. I can't even joke about it it bummed me out so badly.

But our greatest organizational holes are in the infield, so a (right handed) bat with a hitter attached would be awfully nice who plays 1B or 3B.

Yeah, I forgot about that kid - I retract my joke.

what would you give up for Baez if you were the Rockies? Nobody with any significant upside thats for sure. I don't understand why some people honestly expect to get anything worthwhile for someone like Bradford or Baez. We should just be happy someone is willing to take a couple million dollars in salary off our hands. We would be lucky to get a Mike Castanzo type player in return.

I don't believe I said anyone in particular. But now that you ask, I would expect the "best" player the organization can get that addresses a general need of the organization. In terms of Baez, a AA bat is not too high an order for the Rockies to provide. Dan Mayora is an example of what we might get:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=t260&t=p_pbp&pid=468452

A bit aged for AA, good bat, plays 2B and has some speed. Otherwise known as a "role player", maybe an everyday player if things get desperate, but not a future all star.

Archived