What young pitching would you deal?

bigbird

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had the chance to grab a long term, young 1B, SS or 3B what young pitching would you give up in return? What pitchers would you not trade no matter what?

Of the big 3, I think I would be the most comfortable with dealing Arrieta.

I know it is our organizational strength and that's what you're supposed to deal from, but I would rather not trade much if any of our young pitching.

Maybe a guy like Britton or Zagone could act as sweeteners?

I think Matusz is the one guy who is untouchable for me.

We need a list of our top 20-25 pitching prospects

A list of the top 5-10 candidates at each of these positions in other teams systems we'd have interest in.

Generally I have interest in

SS

Wood

Escobar

Hardy

3b

Wood

Beltre

Atkins

1b

Chris Davis (is his injury serious?)

AGon

I would try to shop Erbe or Spoone because of their inability to stay healthy. Unfortunately, that's probably also the reason they might not be as valued. I mean this as no disrespect to either player because, if I recall correctly, Chorye has a relative who posts here.

I'd also be willing to part with Liz at this point, if any team still has interest in him.

Tillman, Arrieta, Matusz, Patton and Britton are a few names I'd strongly rather not part with.

I say no trade until we have a solid rotation in the major leagues.....

That's probably a sound approach, although if the return were good enough...

The problem is that the kind of player the O's should be targeting--elite prospect, near MLB-ready-- doesn't usually get traded for other elite prospects.

It would almost have to be as part of a blockbuster deal for a Hanley Ramirez/Braun/AGonzalez type.

Let's say we targeted a third baseman and the team submitted us a list of 3pitchers to obtain that player.

The 5 pitchers are Bergesen, Hernandez and Arrieta...Out of those 3, who would you trade?

That's only three, but I'd say it depends on who the third baseman is.

My order would be:

1. Bergesen

2. DH

3. Arrieta

Let's say we targeted a third baseman and the team submitted us a list of 3pitchers to obtain that player.

The 3 pitchers are Bergesen, Hernandez and Arrieta...Out of those 3, who would you trade?

Bergesen or Arrieta because their value is probably inflated relative to their ability whereas Hernandez is still under rated.

Archived