Do you miss the inside info?

NewMarketSean

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't miss it much at all. It just added to the frustration whenever rumored transactions didn't occur. I appreciate our insiders' efforts to keep us informed, but a lot of times they (unintentionally) got us excited over what turned out to be nothing.

Because I really don't. I like being surprised when actual news is reported instead of the roller coaster ups and downs that some inside info did to us.

What say you?

Unequivocally no. Since I've been around Peace called the Tejada trade a few hours early and Sonny called the Perlozzo firing a few weeks early. Aside from that most of what we heard was rumor that almost never came to fruition. For days on end there would be no discussion about anything else on this site other than when one of the insiders would be coming on again.

I absolutely miss it because it wasn't all that different from what we get from the mainstream media. It should never have been taken as anything more than fun possibilities. The majority of the stuff the media reports as possible never happens either and nobody gets all upset. When are we getting Gavin Floyd or Fields? It was just speculation and rumor and should've been taken for what it was. Say what you want, but I'll never forget reading Rosenthal blog that the O's and Astros talks were dead in the water and then having Peace 21 break the trade. I sent the trade to my buddy in LA nearly an hour before ESPN posted the trade. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Because I really don't. I like being surprised when actual news is reported instead of the roller coaster ups and downs that some inside info did to us.

What say you?

For me it's 50/50. While it did lead to a lot of crazy speculation and frustrating no trades, it also was fun having different things to discuss.

I think knowing that it really was "take with a grain of salt" I was never too upset when things didn't happen.

Archived