Do you miss the inside info?

NewMarketSean

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because I really don't. I like being surprised when actual news is reported instead of the roller coaster ups and downs that some inside info did to us.

What say you?

I don't miss it much, but my question is was there a conscious effort or decision made by the MODS to shut down the dissemination of "insider" info? If so, I missed that memo.

MSK

This message board is not as good without the inside knowledge from Belkast and Bigbird. I can't believe what you guys are saying about them. There are two kinds of people. People who love to complain and people who complain just for the sake of complaining. I think we have lots of those people on this board. Please come back Belkast and Bigbird. Bring your inside knowledge with you too.

Andrew,

But for all these people to say they don't miss the inside info - I think they are full of you know what. How come every time there was a FWIW thread there would be about 700 users on the board with non-stop posting? I guess NONE of those people post here anymore. :rolleyes:

Yes, people were certainly interested, but because the information turned out to be straight up wrong 90% of the time, no one is all too upset.

Because I really don't. I like being surprised when actual news is reported instead of the roller coaster ups and downs that some inside info did to us.

What say you?

Are you kidding? It was a joke. One "insider" would say something and another "insider" would say something completely different. Talk about hedging your bets.

The one who wasn't as confident about Teixeira still actively posts here.

Ohhh so Belfast as gone? I think he was the one with the WOW offer. Which I think just amounted to a World of Warcraft commercial like Mr. T or Ozzie have.

Now the other one, the "pessimist", that was bigbird?

This message board is not as good without the inside knowledge from Belkast and Bigbird. I can't believe what you guys are saying about them. There are two kinds of people. People who love to complain and people who complain just for the sake of complaining. I think we have lots of those people on this board. Please come back Belkast and Bigbird. Bring your inside knowledge with you too.

Andrew' date='[/quote']

Belkast and Bigbird are/were great sources. It's almost good news, WADR to both guys, that they are out of the loop now. Club inside information leaking out... Andy has fixed those leaks. Plays 'em close to the vest.

And still this board has PLENTY of insiders left! Family members of players in the system, coaches, celebrities, guys who get called out by Trembley himself during his presser, guys who are in the clubhouse and press box every night. Many MANY more influential people read the board and never post. There are all sorts of "insiders."

Belkast and Bigbird are/were great sources. It's almost good news, WADR to both guys, that they are out of the loop now. Club inside information leaking out... Andy has fixed those leaks. Plays 'em close to the vest.

And still this board has PLENTY of insiders left! Family members of players in the system, coaches, celebrities, guys who get called out by Trembley himself during his presser, guys who are in the clubhouse and press box every night. Many MANY more influential people read the board and never post. There are all sorts of "insiders."

Well said, sir.

TPlease come back Belkast and Bigbird. Bring your inside knowledge with you too.

That's as close to an oxymoron as you'll ever get.

I LOVE the insight that people like elsid, oriole28, etc. bring. That's awesome and much appreciated. I don't care for the rumor mongering at all.

It's no big loss, but was very interesting. I had a brief taste of what they all went through, and I'm surprised they wanted to post as long as they did. It's the kind of thing where no matter what, half the posters hate you. Definitely a tough title to hold and I can't help but respect what they did for us.

That said, the front office is so tight lipped, that most inside info is basically news that the press won't print. Things change quickly in a front office when it comes to transactions, so most stuff is outdated or not happening by the time it's passed on.

The information will definitely be missed, but it may be best for everyone that it's reported less often now and taken less seriously when it's reported. They are still people and are every bit as valuable to the board without having to post info.

Archived