Do you miss the inside info?

NewMarketSean

I for one miss inside information. It was better to talk about possible trades than to make up a bunch of trades that included players that were not even available. Instead we got rediculed the providers of that information when a deal wasn't struck. I am sure the Orioles have discussed players with most of the teams in possible at some point during the season. If that trade doesn't come to fruition, it doesn't make the insider information any less accurate. To be honest, this is site has become quite boring without this type of information.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that 100% of the time the 'inside' information never perpetuated to anything and was just an embellishment of what Roch posted on his blog at the Sun. For instance the Tejada trade was completely out of no where (where were the insiders on that one), and didn't we hear about the Bedard trade from the USS Mariner from someone who worked at the airport?

I'm glad we don't have 'inside' posters any longer. They were useless and just got everyone's panties in a twist.

Yes, I miss it.

What I don't miss are the cry babies in each thread that came from the info.

There were cry-babies on all sides - the "take my ball and go home" gestures were equally ridiculous.

I just never got the value of the inside information - the idea that we had info a half-news-step ahead of others? Obviously, the deals were the deals, and the O's weren't any better off for us having the info. And may have been worse off.

Further, it always derailed the board from more substantive and intriguing discussions.

Truly don't miss it.

Guest rochester

Definitely miss it..and am surprised that so many said no when, IIRC, the OH crashed when something potentially major was happening and there would be record-breaking page counts. And to say that they were always wrong is not true - even if "info" didn't pan out does not mean that it was completely inaccurate.

Plus, much of it would come from some folks I really enjoyed reading like Belkast - for those not here then he was a fellow O-fanatic who was optimistic when rumors would start. When Tex fell about her (as well as others) were torched, (IIRC) calling out their personal integrity. Have not heard from him since - a shame really.

As others have said, the quality inside information is still around. Just not the kind of information that tends to incite the crowds.

I think it's good to have people around who have a source willing to tell them something so we all know, but when it turns into all of the arguing and ad hominim attacks and questioning of validity and insiders threatening to leave it really becomes a car crash: entertaining to watch, but you know it's going to end badly and don't want to be around for the outcome.

Because I really don't. I like being surprised when actual news is reported instead of the roller coaster ups and downs that some inside info did to us.

What say you?

I don't miss it much at all. It just added to the frustration whenever rumored transactions didn't occur. I appreciate our insiders' efforts to keep us informed, but a lot of times they (unintentionally) got us excited over what turned out to be nothing.

I agree with you guys. It was kinda cool to be around when the board got lit up with 900 members, but I cannot say I miss it at all. No offense to the insiders, as they only passed along what they were told, but I was duped big time last offseason and have no desire to go through it again.

There were cry-babies on all sides - the "take my ball and go home" gestures were equally ridiculous.

I just never got the value of the inside information - the idea that we had info a half-news-step ahead of others? Obviously, the deals were the deals, and the O's weren't any better off for us having the info. And may have been worse off.

Further, it always derailed the board from more substantive and intriguing discussions.

Truly don't miss it.

Usually because the cry babies allowed that to happen.

Usually because the cry babies allowed that to happen.

Well, I certainly don't expect you to see this in any kind-of three dimensional way.

My point stands. The idea that there was any kind of board altruism behind the set-up is pretty ridiculous. Everyone has their own agendas and needs - I found both sides to be equally ridiculous, and that the presence of supposed "inside" info reduced the dialogue a great deal.

That's just my take.

Well, I certainly don't expect you to see this in any kind-of three dimensional way.

My point stands. The idea that there was any kind of board altruism behind the set-up is pretty ridiculous. Everyone has their own agendas and needs - I found both sides to be equally ridiculous, and that the presence of supposed "inside" info reduced the dialogue a great deal.

That's just my take.

Yea because without the info, the dialogue is just amazing. :D:rolleyes:

Archived