What year did you see the O's in person?

Satyr3206

When was this?

Is this a joke?:confused:

No joke. I can't remember exactly when it was but I went to a game with a good friend of mine and when we walked up the ramp leading to the field (we were running late that night so it was the bottom of the first, I think), the LF was going back, jumped, and went over the fence. It was hilarious. And that fence was 6 to 7 feet high. I think they were playing the Angels. I'll try to look it up.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe either 1962 or 1963, Milt Pappas pitched and one of my child hood favorites Boog Powell hit a home run that went about 20 rows over my head in the right field bleachers. John Wesley Powell was playing left field back then.

I'm pretty sure that was over the CF fence.

The play I'm thinking about was Komminsk, when he was playing for the Indians, which would have been 1989.

You could be right. I clearly remember the OF going over the fence but my friend was worried about a certain female that night (and parenthood) and we had a few. Hopefully I can find the videotape.

My brother and I used to play Jackie Brandt in our fenced in back yard. One throws the ball to the fence and JACKIE tries for the leaping catch!! What fun. The only thing better was playing catch with your father after his work. God, i miss that time!!

Opening day 1966 and all but 75 and 76 till the year before they moved to Camden Yards. Sat in RF section 29 with Al Hirt as our usher.

Went to the WS when they player the Reds, Lee May beat them. Went to all 4 games of the 78 series and the 83 as well. Have a ball signed by Joe DiMaggio for the 83 series, he was sitting with EBW in fron of us.

Dont go anymore the crowd isnt fans like they use to be. It died when Wild Bill threw his cooler on the field.

1967 at old Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota.

I was a Twins fan who watched pinch-hitter Rich Reese hit a two-run homer off Moe Drabowski in the bottom of the ninth to lift Minnesota to a 10-9 win over the defending World Series champs:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIN/MIN196708310.shtml

I count five Hall of Famers in that boxscore.

1954 for me at 9 years old. Still remember Bob Turley pitching, and as was common for the young fireballer, having trouble finding the plate. Closed my eyes and wished for him to throw a strike. He did! Felt briefly omnipotent.

A friend took me and her her nephew in 84 to Memorial Stadium and there was a horrible storm with dangerous lightning. I remember going back into the concourse area to wait for it to pass. I don't remember much else about the game other than that.

I used to be a Phillies fans in the 70's and early 80's. All it took was one O's game and I was a changed person, as I've been an O's fan ever since and never looked back. :P

Archived