Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

I do not think that the Phillies will trade Taylor (I know that I wouldn't. Kid looks like a monster), but if I could get any player back for Sherill that has been discussed (Bell, Wood, etc.) it would be him. Everything that I have read about him just screams masher at 1B.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not think that the Phillies will trade Taylor (I know that I wouldn't. Kid looks like a monster), but if I could get any player back for Sherill that has been discussed (Bell, Wood, etc.) it would be him. Everything that I have read about him just screams masher at 1B.

If I had my choice between Wood, Bell, and Taylor...

That would be a hard choice, but it would be between Wood and Taylor. As much as I love B. Wood (which I have for years now), I'd go with Taylor. He's younger and can murder the ball.

Taylor is 24 ...so he's not a young prospect from the article someone else posted here. He's blocked by Howard & thats the main reason hes still in the OF. The Phillies are in a win now mode. Sherrill & Baez/Hendrickson make them better.

FYI: RT: @ToddZolecki Carlos Carrasco scratched from today's game in Lehigh Valley. Jason Donald and Lou Marson also out of the lineup.

http://twitter.com/BrentSGambill/status/2910829962

I didn't see a generic trade thread so I just put it here.

This is interesting.

Those are lesser prospects than one would expect in a Halladay trade, but greater than what I would expect in a Sherrill trade. Either way, if those players are on the move, then Sherrill to the Phillies will be dead.

Taylor is 24 ...so he's not a young prospect from the article someone else posted here. He's blocked by Howard & thats the main reason hes still in the OF.

In reading all this Taylor talk, I kept asking myself why we'd go after an OF, even knowing how amazing he is. Didn't realize we would move him to 1B. That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

But it brings to mind another question. Maybe it deserves it's own thread, but which scenario would you prefer for 2010?

Option 1: Wiggy or Huff @ 1B, Wood/Bell at 3B

Option 2:Taylor @ 1B, Wiggy (Huff probably not an option in this case) @ 3B?

In reading all this Taylor talk, I kept asking myself why we'd go after an OF, even knowing how amazing he is. Didn't realize we would move him to 1B. That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

But it brings to mind another question. Maybe it deserves it's own thread, but which scenario would you prefer for 2010?

Option 1: Wiggy or Huff @ 1B, Wood/Bell at 3B

Option 2:Taylor @ 1B, Wiggy (Huff probably not an option in this case) @ 3B?

It would depend on which of the three players is going to be better ...Personally I would pick up Taylor & i'd be ok with Adrian Beltre (Age 30) at 3B for a couple of years until we have a better option.

Taylor doesn't turn 24 until December.

I doubt the Phils will give him up for Sherrill but if they would, Taylor should be the #1 target...I would trade Sherill for him straight up in a heartbeat.

I really like Bell and Wood but Taylor is a surer thing IMO.

Personally I am glad Donald is gone. I was afraid we would try and get him. Never impressed me at AA, but Taylor is huge. Reminds me of a first baseman in stature vs. an OF. The guy is stacked and hits pure lasers. Talking with some friends I asked do you remember anybody hitting a ball that hard. They all said yes. Guess who? Ryan Howard of course. I have stated numerous times I would do a Taylor straight up for Guthrie or Sherrill. I like him that much. Plus if we get him we can trade Scott for something else if we have a log jam in the OF.

Personally I am glad Donald is gone. I was afraid we would try and get him. Never impressed me at AA, but Taylor is huge. Reminds me of a first baseman in stature vs. an OF. The guy is stacked and hits pure lasers. Talking with some friends I asked do you remember anybody hitting a ball that hard. They all said yes. Guess who? Ryan Howard of course. I have stated numerous times I would do a Taylor straight up for Guthrie or Sherrill. I like him that much. Plus if we get him we can trade Scott for something else if we have a log jam in the OF.

I would hope that they'd switch Reimold or Taylor to 1B if we were to acquire him.

Archived