Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

Taylor would be a dream scenario. Third base is going to be easier to cover through free agency or trade, imo. Sherrill and pay his contract for Taylor + one. The Phillies are set for a couple years with Lee and Sherrill being under contract.

Sherrill is going to go down to the wire, and no, I wouldn't pitch him tonight.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It says on Rosenthal's blog that the angels are mildly involved.. So i guess the dodgers seem the like the only active trading partner at this point.

"Mildly" involved? I don't recall him using that word. In his most recent post he said that as many as 8 teams are interested and that 3 are actively in negotiations with the Orioles. He made it plain that the Dodgers were one of those teams. It seems likely, based on all of the reports, that the Angels and Phillies could be the other two, but I have no real way of knowing that.

"Mildly" involved? I don't recall him using that word. In his most recent post he said that as many as 8 teams are interested and that 3 are actively in negotiations with the Orioles. He made it plain that the Dodgers were one of those teams. It seems likely, based on all of the reports, that the Angels and Phillies could be the other two, but I have no real way of knowing that.

As many as eight teams are pursuing Orioles closer George Sherrill, and two or three are "actively engaged" with Baltimore in discussions, according to a major-league source.

The Orioles expect that the number of teams serious about Sherrill actually might grow once the big-name starting pitchers get traded — or not.

The Dodgers have maintained interest in Sherrill, and a number of their prospects appeal to the Orioles. The Angels are "mildly" involved, according to one major-league source.

The Phillies are unlikely to act on Sherrill now that they are preparing to trade four prospects for Indians left-hander Cliff Lee.

Don't spend money on a closer, Tejada doesn't have the bat for third base.

I agree on the closer, but Tejada does have the bat for 3B. He is hitting .328/.375/.475/.833.

Now, I wouldn't want him back because of his age, but that is a different story.

Archived