Would you take the package from Boston for Halladay?

My O's Face

Would you take it?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take it?

• Yes
    • No

No, you don't deal a player of Halladay's caliber to another team within your division unless either:

(1) You're resigned to being noncompetitive for the next 5-10 years, or

(2) The trade favors your own team by a significant margin, e.g., like trading Rick Wise for Steve Carlton.

Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Red Sox have offered Clay Buchholz' date=' Triple-A pitching prospect Michael Bowden, and top outfield prospect Ryan Westmoreland for Halladay.

If you were Toronto, would you take it?[/quote']

Those look like some nice players but that would just be a starting point if I'm the BJ's. This is Halliday we're talking about, Halliday.

The Red Sox are apparently not putting Westmoreland in the deal.

If this was the best deal on the table, you better believe I say yes to this. THat is a nice 3 player package...If I am the BJs, I am saying we will give you Scutaro and you include Lowrie and that may do it.

There is no way I would trade him within the division. You know the Sox would resign him if they acquire him. Do you want to face him 5 times/year for the next 7-9 years and think you can compete?

Theres a good chance he ends up a Sox or Yankee anyway in a year and a half. Take the package.

Don't be shortsighted. Try to deal him to another team with a good chance off re-signing him. Even if he goes free agency, while the odds are good that he signs with the Yankees, there's still a possibility another team might go after him harder. After all, the Giants did win the Barry Zito sweepstakes.

Archived