Dominos beginning to fall in trade market

bluedog

In the last hour or so, the Mariners and Pirates and now the Phils and Indians have completed 6 - 7 player trades.

Hopefully these two deals, both of which have taken a bunch of players off the table that were being considered by a number of teams, will get other teams off the fence and making moves of their own.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the trade deadline passes and AM doesn't do anything I'll be very disappointed.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the last hour or so, the Mariners and Pirates and now the Phils and Indians have completed 6 - 7 player trades.

Hopefully these two deals, both of which have taken a bunch of players off the table that were being considered by a number of teams, will get other teams off the fence and making moves of their own.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the trade deadline passes and AM doesn't do anything I'll be very disappointed.

Same here...At this point, Sherrill almost has to be traded unless AM is asking for way too much.

Same here...At this point, Sherrill almost has to be traded unless AM is asking for way too much.

I'd love to see the O's move Sherrill and Scott for major league ready 1b and 3b. Then we throw Pie in LF and put Reimold at DH and watch the future play for the last two months of the season.

I'd be all over that.

I am usually as big of a AM defender as anyone, but I have to agree with this. The market is there for Sherill and he needs to be moved in order to make this team better long term. At this point I would be very disappointed if we made no moves and would probably need a day or two away to digest that nothing happened.

Guest BrettMeister86

Well Taylor didn't go in the Lee deal, he is still out there. And Bell, Wood, still out there. For the Sherrill deal to get done Andy is going to have to bring back a corner IF prospect similar to, if not, one of those 3 mentioned.

If teams aren't offering them then Andy is doing the right thing. But we don't really know all I know is that if Sherrill is moved I want my long term 3B coming back in the deal!

So, the Phillies kept Taylor and still have the need for a reliever.

Bell and Wood appear to be guys the Orioles are targeting.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

I really would prefer Wood (no jokes everyone :P ) +1 over Bell +1.

I am usually as big of a AM defender as anyone, but I have to agree with this. The market is there for Sherill and he needs to be moved in order to make this team better long term. At this point I would be very disappointed if we made no moves and would probably need a day or two away to digest that nothing happened.

What if he can't move him and make the team better long term? Would you rather just trade GS anyway because you think he is at his highest value to the O's? Would you accept a DeWitt, Elbert deal rather than not deal him? Bell even up?

Well Taylor didn't go in the Lee deal, he is still out there. And Bell, Wood, still out there. For the Sherrill deal to get done Andy is going to have to bring back a corner IF prospect similar to, if not, one of those 3 mentioned.

If teams aren't offering them then Andy is doing the right thing. But we don't really know all I know is that if Sherrill is moved I want my long term 3B coming back in the deal!

A CI prospect would be great... but getting back the best possible package, regardless of position, should be the goal.

Archived