8 teams after Sherrill!

bluedog

I really don't see how Sherrill stays here.

Too many teams with good prospects want him.

Bell and Elbert

Wood and Smith

Taylor

Those are the deals I am after if I am AM. Let's hope AM doesn't overplay his hand.

Unless we are reading too much into what is being said, or something unexpected happens, we appear to be nearing a "perfect storm" in terms of GS' value. If that's the case, I think AM has to move him.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Taylor + and I'm going back to the marble quarry to build Andy's statue. Who is with me??

2) So here is a question for everyone, if he is moved and we get our stud 1B/3B do they sit in AA/AAA the rest of the year or do the O's say hey lets mix this guy right in with our young stars and see how things go. If its Wood or Taylor I see bring em up! If its Bell, he can stand a half season before being called up for ST. Thoughts?

3) JJ is not a closer I'd try and groom Kam for our next closer.

If that happens.....I say we make his briefcase out of Onyx and Diamonds...

I was critical of AM for not trading Sherrill last year...This year, he is showing he wasn't a one year fluke and his value is actually higher. However, next year at this time, service time becomes an issue, and can he really pitch any better?

Honestly, now I really don't see how his value will be any higher than it is right now with these teams going after him.

As SG said, too many teams with too good of prospects. Can you imagine, if we get Bell and Elbert, we will have traded Bedard for Bell, Elbert, Tillman, Jones, Mickolio, and Butler. Just sick.

BTW, to whoever said we need Sherrill..This is the kind of deal we have to make to continue to add to the inventory. We can't stop now. We need to be the best team in baseball with the best talent in baseball. Give me 2 prospects plus JJ as the closer with Mickolio up as opposed to Sherrill remaining the closer.

If we can get a young 3B and some pitching depth, that helps us longterm much more than GS will. It's about trading guys at their peak, who are replacable, and looking at the long-term future. This is a no brainer.

I completely agree.

Personally I want Uehara to be our closer if he returns this year and maybe for the next couple of years

That's exactly my stance as well.

Good control and usually does well in the beginning so he'd be perfect in the closer's role.

Then again he's not supposed to be back till Sept.

If we get Brandon Wood...then, yeah, I'm all for that statue-of-MacPhail plan. I know the Dodgers are pressing the hardest, and we could definitely get a lot of value if we traded Sherrill to LA, but I think Wood should be AM's target, not DeWitt/Elbert/Bell.

Personally I want Uehara to be our closer if he returns this year and maybe for the next couple of years

Not trying to sidetrack the thread but I'm not sure why you would think Koji can be a credible ML closer. I don't see that at all.

Your larger point is right, though: we have about 10 in house candidates that could step in and take FB's place- from Mikolio to Johnson to Erbe to Albers. My personal pick is David Hernandez.

Gotta move Sherrill if we can get something nice for him.

Archived