8 teams after Sherrill!

bluedog

We need Sherril though... I really would hate to see us deal him. Jimmy J won't cut it as our closer...

How many more save opportunities do you see for our closer, be it GS or whoever? If the team can get better for next year and the future, even without GS, by trading GS, you still would hate to trade him?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eric Bedard, the gift that keeps on giving!

We're possibly on the verge of turning one disgruntled, injury prone pitcher into 20 - 25 % of a major league roster.

I about had a heartattack reading this....wow, what a steal if it shakes down like we want it to.

How many more save opportunities do you see for our closer, be it GS or whoever? If the team can get better for next year and the future, even without GS, by trading GS, you still would hate to trade him?

It must be the Flat Breezy hat...no one else will be able to rock the hat like only GS can...what will we do? :D

As bad as this team is right now a quality closer doesn't matter. Just hope he brings back someone to fill a hole in Baltimore for 2010 because dealing sherrill creates another large one.

Just to be clear, are you advocating AM trade GS for the rumored pieces from the Angels and Dodgers, are are you advocating he hold onto to him? Or are you unwilling to say so you can second guess either action by AM?

As bad as this team is right now a quality closer doesn't matter. Just hope he brings back someone to fill a hole in Baltimore for 2010 because dealing sherrill creates another large one.

There's always Mickolio. Sarfate is also a darkhorse, once he returns...

I can't see it being a problem. The Orioles have young pitchers overstocked in the minors, converting one to a closer won't be an issue. Want an interesting solution? Have Hendrickson become the closer.

Since coming out of the pen ...

June ERA: 3.86

July ERA: 1.69

We need Sherril though... I really would hate to see us deal him. Jimmy J won't cut it as our closer...

It is quite clear that AM believes that a good BP is very important. With the kid-P's coming up, AM is not motivated to have them backed up by a crappy BP. If he moves Sherrill, it will be because he believes that we have a very credible BP without him. AM's not gonna do something reckless about that. I have no way to know exactly who he sees in which roles, but I bet he's got it mapped out already. Whether he's right about it or not is something that we'd find out later.

I really don't see how Sherrill stays here.

Too many teams with good prospects want him.

Bell and Elbert

Wood and Smith

Taylor

Those are the deals I am after if I am AM. Let's hope AM doesn't overplay his hand.

You sticking with your 10% chance he gets traded?

Sherrill is a very valuable comidity. He can close, has no ego so is fine with being a setup guy, and no matter how much he collapses can always get lefties out. There isn't a ton of risk that he won't work out for teams trading for him. In other words he isn't a Doug Jones type.

Just to be clear, are you advocating AM trade GS for the rumored pieces from the Angels and Dodgers, are are you advocating he hold onto to him? Or are you unwilling to say so you can second guess either action by AM?

I would trade him as long as it's for a young major league ready player like Wood. I'd pass on Bell. It he does trade GS it's doubtful he can orchestrate any other moves at the same time.

Archived