July 29 - KC vs Tillman & the O's

TonySoprano

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs to be moved back in the order if you're going to insist on starting him. He is killing us in the #4 spot.

It's DT's typical case of relentlessly trusting his talent. There comes a time though when you just need to make the change. This is the downside of him being such a players manager. But it is a double edged sword, you don't want to hurt the chemistry (although that's more of a hypothetical with this team, it appears, but really I have no idea). But he moved Mora down, I think he'll move Huff down soon enough.

Lou Piniella wouldn't have taken this long though. Interesting that since he's moved Soriano to 6th he's been on a tear.

Putting Reimold at 4 and Huff at 5 just makes too much sense to DT.

Then you have switch hitter, righty, lefty, righty, lefty. You could even move Wieters up to 6 if you wanna keep that consistency... put Scott at 7 Mora at 8. That was you're flip flopping every batter.

But yeah, god forbid Huff not bat 4th. C'mon DT. He's just not hitting!

It's DT's typical case of relentlessly trusting his talent. There comes a time though when you just need to make the change. This is the downside of him being such a players manager. But it is a double edged sword, you don't want to hurt the chemistry (although that's more of a hypothetical with this team, it appears, but really I have no idea). But he moved Mora down, I think he'll move Huff down soon enough.

Lou Piniella wouldn't have taken this long though. Interesting that since he's moved Soriano to 6th he's been on a tear.

Lou would never have taken a job managing this team. He's no fool.

Archived