Big Papi on '03 list as well

Great 2BA FL Gator

<i>In February, he [Ortiz] said that players who tested positive for steroids should be suspended for an entire season — about 100 games more than the current policy requires for a first offense.</i>

So where's his suspension?

I wonder how SOSH is reacting to this. :D

I'm sure they're supporting him like all fans do with their players. We did it here with Alomar, Ray Lewis, Tejada, Roberts...etc. It's only natural.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<i>In February, he [Ortiz] said that players who tested positive for steroids should be suspended for an entire season — about 100 games more than the current policy requires for a first offense.</i>

He said that? What a moron.... :laughlol:

I was JUST going to post that!! The more adamant a player is about the punishments that users should receive seems to be related to how dirty they are. Papi, Palmeiro, etc......saying that there needs to be harsh punishments, pointing their fingers at others, doing roids themselves.

I was JUST going to post that!! The more adamant a player is about the punishments that users should receive seems to be related to how dirty they are. Papi, Palmeiro, etc......saying that there needs to be harsh punishments, pointing their fingers at others, doing roids themselves.

I think Pujols has been pretty adamant about it as well.

Honestly, I'd be pretty disappointed if Pujols was revealed from the list.

While I don't think it's fair that anyone on this list has been outed, this was supposed to be an anonymous test was it not? At this point I think they need to release the whole list, it's not fair that some players are being outed (most likely b/c they are more popular) while others remain hidden.

Note this line from the February Ortiz article...He knew what he was saying..

He drew a distinction between the use of steroids through 2003, when it was not penalized, and the period since then when testing with penalties has been in effect.

Note this line from the February Ortiz article...He knew what he was saying..

He drew a distinction between the use of steroids through 2003, when it was not penalized, and the period since then when testing with penalties has been in effect.

Be that as it may, it's still an entirely hypocritical thing for him to say regardless.

Be that as it may, it's still an entirely hypocritical thing for him to say regardless.

Agreed, but he was basically saying anything before 2004 was acceptable. We all should have read between the lines back then.

Agreed, but he was basically saying anything before 2004 was acceptable. We all should have read between the lines back then.

I think most people wanted to believe he was clean. I mean I hate the Red Sox but I still thought Papi was a nice guy and I didn't have a hatred for him like i do a lot of their other players (Pedroia and Papelbon immediately come to mind).

I think most people wanted to believe he was clean. I mean I hate the Red Sox but I still thought Papi was a nice guy and I didn't have a hatred for him like i do a lot of their other players (Pedroia and Papelbon immediately come to mind).

Yea, he always was the fun loving guy, my opinion of him won't change. Like some of us have said, it was a bad period for the game, but it's in the past. These 2003 stories don't mean a thing to me anymore. Unless I see the whole list, I don't think it's fair to judge when big names come out.

Im not suprised at all. Frankly, I dont think it matters. People were speculating it anyway. It was a bad era in baseball, and hopefully we have closed the chapter on it.

It's not a chapter, it's the recent, current and future reality. Guys are still cheating, the tests can be beaten. The drugs are, by nature, one step ahead of the tests for those drugs.

Archived