Big Papi on '03 list as well

Great 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, they are now tainted rings.

Runs created (RBI + Runs scored - HR) tells how many runs a player produced for the team by either crossing the plate himself or driving in a run, and backing out HR to avoid double counting

In 2004 the Sox scored 949 runs, the duo created 387 of them (41%)

In 2007 the Sox scored 867 runs, the duo created 350 of them (40%)

Tainted for sure...

That doesn't surprise me at all. :laughlol:

I wonder how George Mitchell could've missed Manny and Ortiz. :scratchchinhmm:

I don't think there was anything fishy. That report only had the names included in previous investigations done by the Feds. Manny and Ortiz just didn't happen to get their drugs from those particular sources.

Runs created (RBI + Runs scored - HR) tells how many runs a player produced for the team by either crossing the plate himself or driving in a run, and backing out HR to avoid double counting

In 2004 the Sox scored 949 runs, the duo created 387 of them (41%)

In 2007 the Sox scored 867 runs, the duo created 350 of them (40%)

Tainted for sure...

While this is a compelling argument for the Red Sox to be tainted in 2004 and 2007, I'm sure the ratio of runs created by roid users vs. runs created by non-roid users across all MLB teams would approximately be the same. We all know that every single team had plenty of users.

I think we can also speculate that the red sox possibly had better access to better stuff than most other ball clubs. They turned quite a few no-name/mediocre players into superstars (Ortiz, Lowell, Damon, Millar, Nixon, etc.). Sure, their roided team beat our roided team. It's possible though that the sox were better "equiped". Either way, it's nice to see that Red Sox nation can no longer walk around with a sense of moral superiority.

Archived