Red Sox Acquire Martinez

nemO821

Tomorrow night is Victor Martinez bobblehead night in Cleveland. I wonder if they are still going to give them away :D

http://mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cle

Maybe they traded the bobbleheads as well. :P

I do not envy Terry Francona the acrobatics he is going to have to do to keep Youkilis, Lowell, Varitek, and Martinez all happy with their playing time.

Maybe they traded the bobbleheads as well. :P

I do not envy Terry Francona the acrobatics he is going to have to do to keep Youkilis, Lowell, Varitek, and Martinez all happy with their playing time.

Can't keep them all happy, Varitek and Lowell are just going to have to deal with some lost playing time. Martinez's bat plays more than theirs at this point.

Is it just me, or is Cleveland just giving these guys away? Only Masterson and Hagadone.

Not only that, but I thought I'd heard somewhere that Martinez was a huge fan favorite, that he loved Cleveland, and recently said that he very much wanted to spend the rest of his career there. I read one other poster on another board who said there was absolutely NO WAY that Martinez would get traded because fans would completely revolt! Anyone heard how Indian fans are responding to all of this?

Archived