Steve Trachsel Traded

RichieRich

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what Jim Callis had to say about Moore in the Baseball America pre-season chat about the Cub's farm system.

Q: Michael from Cleveland asks:

Does Scott Moore have a future in the big leagues?

A:

Jim Callis: Yes. He can be a decent regular, though I'm not sold he's a starter on a contender. He won't start at third for the Cubs now that Aramis Ramirez has been re-signed, so Moore will have to settle for spot duty on the infield and outfield corners.

Here is what Jim Callis had to say about Moore in the Baseball America pre-season chat about the Cub's farm system.

A:

Jim Callis: Yes. He can be a decent regular, though I'm not sold he's a starter on a contender. He won't start at third for the Cubs now that Aramis Ramirez has been re-signed, so Moore will have to settle for spot duty on the infield and outfield corners.

After Ensberg, the name Casey Blake comes to mind. He has better minor league #'s than Blake and Ensberg though.

A:

Maybe he can be a Jeff Baker type guy???

I am watching the Cubs broadcast on WGN (by the way, the announcers seem subtly pissed about the Trachsel deal and are trying not to show it).

Anyway, they had Hendry on talking about the trade and he had this to say (this is paraphrased by the way):

He said it was a pleasure dealing with MacPhail, and that he wasn't going to "pull a fast one" on him because AM knows the system so well and he is so competent. Hendry said it was a good deal for both teams, that they gave up a couple of good young players but that was the way it had to be. He acknowledged that it would be a deal that would help Baltimore.

Good post Witchy...I particularly like this one:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=996211&postcount=61

I was just looking for posts where Dave mentioned Moore. That one he merely mentioned Moore (alliteration!!) was ML-ready, useful, blah blah blah.

Only in going back to the post later did I see that he was also laying the smack down on you. :P

I'm pretty stoked about this move. Ya' know, for someone who actually thought Trax might be a useful piece next season. ;)

Witchy

How about Jaret Wright?Will he be in the rotation now that Trachsel is gone?

The Orioles already announced that if/when Wright returns, it will be as a reliever.

I would assume the rotation will look like from here on out:

Liz

Olson

Cabrera

Guthrie

Bedard

Though I wouldnt mind going to a 6 man rotation for the rest of the year and having Penn go in as the 6th man.

If not, in the bullpen you are going to have Hoey, Walker, Bradford, Baez, Birkins, Wright, Cherry, Burres, (Bell), whoever else.

Archived