Steve Trachsel Traded

RichieRich

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is true, but his OPS of .899 is well, well above league average. I am hopeful that he can turn into a .250/.350/.500 type hitter in the majors and would immediately give him at least 50% of the at-bats at 3B in September. A September line-up of:

2B Roberts

CF Patterson

RF Markakis

SS Tejada

1B Millar/Knott

DH Huff/Knott

LF Reimold

3B Moore

C House

Would not upset me in the least.

Well that is true, but his OPS of .899 is well, well above league average. I am hopeful that he can turn into a .250/.350/.500 type hitter in the majors and would immediately give him at least 50% of the at-bats at 3B in September. A September line-up of:

2B Roberts

CF Patterson

RF Markakis

SS Tejada

1B Millar/Knott

DH Huff/Knott

LF Reimold

3B Moore

C House

Would Knott upset me in the least.

I altered your post slightly. ;):)

And I agree bigtime. It's amazing how such a "little deal" becomes earthshaking to our collective psyche! :002_shappy:

I altered your post slightly. ;):)

And I agree bigtime. It's amazing how such a "little deal" becomes earthshaking to our collective psyche! :002_shappy:

I think it goes along with the fact that the Orioles are playing the young guys. They said it and they are moving towards it.

In August, the Orioles have moved Chris Gomez (36), John Parrish (29), Steve Trachsel (37), and Paul Shuey (39).

They have effectively been replaced by Freddy Bynum, Jim Hoey, Garrett Olson, and Kurt Birkins.

The Orioles (DT and AM) are following through on their plan to play the young players.

Good trade for both teams. Low risk, high reward type of move so definitely a positive. The O's need to commit to giving both these guys a long look in September (which means Mora would have to take a seat). Has there been any word on any other moves today - ie. is Millar still an Oriole? With 8/31 being the deadline to set playoff rosters, when is the actual deadline timewise - 11:59PM, 4:00PM (like the 7/31 trade deadline)?

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that this kid Moore can't hit lefties? Anyway I'm a bit sad to see Trax go, its always nice to see a wily vet on the team that was making things happen. As soon as Benson went down in the spring, Trachsel was the guy I was hoping the O's would sign. A good guy who battles for everything he gets, I wish him well with the Cubbies. Thanks Trax for all your hard efforts (which the bullpen mainly wasted) and being someone to root for. Now just hope Ryan Dempster doesn't have to come in behind you... ;)

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that this kid Moore can't hit lefties? Anyway I'm a bit sad to see Trax go, its always nice to see a wily vet on the team that was making things happen. As soon as Benson went down in the spring, Trachsel was the guy I was hoping the O's would sign. A good guy who battles for everything he gets, I wish him well with the Cubbies. Thanks Trax for all your hard efforts (which the bullpen mainly wasted) and being someone to root for. Now just hope Ryan Dempster doesn't have to come in behind you... ;)

He's not a perfect player, but I don't think you should be disturbed about a top 10 prospect you got as a thrown in for a salary dump.

I am watching the Cubs broadcast on WGN (by the way, the announcers seem subtly pissed about the Trachsel deal and are trying not to show it).

Anyway, they had Hendry on talking about the trade and he had this to say (this is paraphrased by the way):

He said it was a pleasure dealing with MacPhail, and that he wasn't going to "pull a fast one" on him because AM knows the system so well and he is so competent. Hendry said it was a good deal for both teams, that they gave up a couple of good young players but that was the way it had to be. He acknowledged that it would be a deal that would help Baltimore.

Hahah. "I love dealing with Andy. He's so competent. I wanna be just like him when I grow up!"

It's now clear to me that we should hire 29 GMs, each a person recently fired from a different MLB team. We'd be stocked with young talent in no time flat.

This trade, combined with tomorrow's September call-ups, really has me looking forward to seeing the orioles finish the season. I wouldn't have thought I would be this excited in the middle of a 9 game losing streak.

Don't know if he'll be here in the future with the new regime coming in but Terry Crowley is just the guy to help this Moore kid with his K rate. If you don't believe that, look what he's done with Patterson in less than two years.

Somebody had to do it. Thanks, BigDawg, for taking the bullet.

Archived