Sherrill's first game

nevadaO

I take it as three up, three down, seems silly to me to have a half inning where the pitcher walked a guy, hit a guy and gave up a three run homer while "striking out the side".

The OP was evidently not incorrect to use the term in the matter they did, even though it was misleading.

There was nothing "misleading" about it. Striking out the side means getting all three outs via K's. There is nothing about it that connotes facing only 3 batters. Just because you don't know what it means, that doesn't make it misleading when somebody uses it correctly.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He walked a guy, had a wild pitch, and threw 19 pitches to 4 batters. Lets not make this sound more impressive than it really was.

The average number of pitches for a starter is 15-16, so 19 isn't too bad. Plus, to walk one and strike out three, that is a minimum of 13.

The WP was a slider that slipped out of his hand, just so you know.

So, no, it is not impressive to you, but it seems the Dodgers were rather impressed. I am guessing that is all that really matters.

The average number of pitches for a starter is 15-16, so 19 isn't too bad. Plus, to walk one and strike out three, that is a minimum of 13.

The WP was a slider that slipped out of his hand, just so you know.

So, no, it is not impressive to you, but it seems the Dodgers were rather impressed. I am guessing that is all that really matters.

Any time a pitcher comes in with runners on 1st and 2nd, nobody out and doesn't allow a run to score, he has done a heck of a job. And if nobody even hits the ball into fair territory, that's REALLY doing a job.

Yeah, he was pissed. He and McCann thought strike three was high. According to Pitch F/X it was on the corner at the top of the zone.

Glad to see you're still posting. Would love to know George's impressions of the kid who was given his number. When are you heading to LA for a game?

Yeah, he was pissed. He and McCann thought strike three was high. According to Pitch F/X it was on the corner at the top of the zone.

Please tell your brother that some of us are keeping up with Dodger games so we can tune in and watch when he comes in.

He made some friends here, and he never even met us...

Please tell your brother that some of us are keeping up with Dodger games so we can tune in and watch when he comes in.

He made some friends here, and he never even met us...

How do we know he didn't have a secret account? *raised eyebrow smilie*

It's was months til I realized who el sid was.

Glad to see you're still posting. Would love to know George's impressions of the kid who was given his number. When are you heading to LA for a game?

Who was that? Matusz?

Not sure, would like to, just depends on cost and all that. GS had to pay to get his number in LA.

Who was that? Matusz?

Not sure, would like to, just depends on cost and all that. GS had to pay to get his number in LA.

Yes.

OTOH, I keep waiting in vain for the Orioles to give #59 to someone good...and for that player to keep it (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Jim Johnson).

Yes.

OTOH, I keep waiting in vain for the Orioles to give #59 to someone good...and for that player to keep it (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Jim Johnson).

So #52 is a good number for the O's, except whoever had it right before GS. I can't remember who it was, but they DFA'd him, so George didn't have to ask for the number -- as he was #51 in his first ST with the O's.

3 hitless appearences so far for GS.

'Tis true. Doing pretty decent so far. Seems to like the mounds in LA. He has always heard that they have the best home field advantage when it comes to mounds in comparison with the bullpens.

3 G, 2.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 5 K (2 looking)

'Tis true. Doing pretty decent so far. Seems to like the mounds in LA. He has always heard that they have the best home field advantage when it comes to mounds in comparison with the bullpens.

3 G, 2.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 5 K (2 looking)

Understatement.

Archived