What is the chance

I know it is too early and the Nationals are in far worse shape... but would it be so bad to be in last place when Bryce Harper is the consolation prize?

If we aren't in the first spot to pick how about landing Josh Osich from Oregon State... a LHP with nasty stuff...

I know it is too early and the Nationals are in far worse shape... but would it be so bad to be in last place when Bryce Harper is the consolation prize?

If we aren't in the first spot to pick how about landing Josh Osich from Oregon State... a LHP with nasty stuff...

Strasburg could be a consolation prize as well. What are the odds of him getting signed by the Nationals at this point?

Strasburg could be a consolation prize as well. What are the odds of him getting signed by the Nationals at this point?

No doubt IMO that they sign him. All 50 die-hard fans they have left would jump back on the O's wagon.

Its beginning to look like 2010 will have 2 once in a decade talents at the top of the draft...There is definately some decent players at the top, but it does remind of the 09 draft again....I wonder if we will be anywhere near the bottom 3 teams by the end....

Its beginning to look like 2010 will have 2 once in a decade talents at the top of the draft...There is definately some decent players at the top, but it does remind of the 09 draft again....I wonder if we will be anywhere near the bottom 3 teams by the end....

We are only 3 games back to having the second worst record, the teams in front are tied with Oakland, and in front of Cleveland, San Diego, and Kansas City, and of course the Nats are in dead last. The possibility of getting Strasburg is getting greater by the day, that would definatly solve our ace problem.

We are only 3 games back to having the second worst record, the teams in front are tied with Oakland, and in front of Cleveland, San Diego, and Kansas City, and of course the Nats are in dead last. The possibility of getting Strasburg is getting greater by the day, that would definatly solve our ace problem.

Strasburg is going to sign.

Strasburg is going to sign.

What makes you think that? Have you heard something recently? Last I had heard, the nats and Stras were no where near close to a deal and there was a good possibility of him going back to school and through the 2010 draft. IMO itd be a very dumb move on his part to do that, his stock really cannot get any higher, it cabn only drop with an injury, loss of velo, poor performance. He should definately take what he gets here this year, but we will see....

What makes you think that? Have you heard something recently? Last I had heard, the nats and Stras were no where near close to a deal and there was a good possibility of him going back to school and through the 2010 draft. IMO itd be a very dumb move on his part to do that, his stock really cannot get any higher, it cabn only drop with an injury, loss of velo, poor performance. He should definately take what he gets here this year, but we will see....

You could have said the same things about Wieters the year he was drafted (not close to deal, going back to school, etc.). The Stras thing will go right up to the deadline, but at the end of the day he is going to get somewhere between $15-20M to sign. There is no way that Stras and his family turns down that kind of money.

Archived