Red Sox at NY Yankees 8/6-8/9

eddie83

I hate both teams but love this matchup. The Orioles are my team but I love the big games. Both teams will probably get in but the Red Sox look more vulnerable than I thought they would be. Thursday's game is on the MLB Network, Saturday's afternoon game is on FOX and the Sunday Night game is on ESPN and none of those three games conflict with the Orioles games those days. I am sure the way these teams play each other the Saturday game will probably last close to 8PM though-410PM start. I miss the tension in games you see starting about this time of the year when teams are contending. I know there are still alot of games left but these games are still pretty big. Boston is 8-0 against against NY this year. I say it will be a 2-2 split. Hopefully the Orioles will soon be playing important games but for now this will have to do.

Find that I actually am hoping for the Yanks to sweep the Red Sox. I am not a fan of the Bronx guys, but the "Red Sox nation" needs a big time "slap down" as they are just far too cocky and out of control in my opinion. Kind of like rooting for the lesser of two evils.

Find that I actually am hoping for the Yanks to sweep the Red Sox. I am not a fan of the Bronx guys, but the "Red Sox nation" needs a big time "slap down" as they are just far too cocky and out of control in my opinion. Kind of like rooting for the lesser of two evils.

Are you kidding? The Yankees are satans team. They are everything that's wrong with the world. Yankee fans are the biggest **s holes in baseball.

I "root" for the Yankees in these games too. It's more just the lesser of two evils really. I like some of the Yankees players more so than Boston's. Although it is a bit sad to see Smoltz go out like this. It's clearly not working for him anymore.

I tried to watch this game, but it is impossible to watch a game at the little league stadium and not be disgusted. All you have to do is hit the ball in the air to RF and it's a HR. I generally like this series, but I don't think I'll watch unless it's in Boston.

Also, I'm very disappointed in those rooting for the MFY's.:angryfire:;)

My idea of a perfect Yankees / Red Sox game: A 25 to 25 tie that has to be called in the 21st inning due to time and because both bullpens have been demolished. Add in a blown save for Papelbon and Mo and you've got an enjoyable game.

Their nine-inning games last four hours plus. The only way they could get a 21-inning game in before curfew would be to start at 10 a.m.

Wow is Smoltz cooked. When you are making what you think are "good pitches" and you are getting your brains beat in, this is the #1 indication that it's time to call it a career. And he's going to get Ellsbury killed one of these times with all this slamming into walls chasing down his 400-foot liners. Cooked.

My idea of a perfect Yankees / Red Sox game: A 25 to 25 tie that has to be called in the 21st inning due to time and because both bullpens have been demolished. Add in a blown save for Papelbon and Mo and you've got an enjoyable game.

The only problem with that is we would never stop hearing about how much of a classic that game was. ESPN would love it.

In light of this thread, I think we should start a poll. When these two meet, who do you root for?

The Yankees and it is not even particulary close anymore. I used to always root for the Red Sox over the Yankees but their fans have become so insufferable over the past 5 years that I can't root for them against any team. Like others have said, it is the lesser of two evils. At least Yankee fans didn't spend years complaining about another team's obnoxious fans, only to become worse than them in the end (and without some of the self-awareness that Yankee fans have).

Archived