Milligan's game pics Giants vs. Nats 9/1

Moose Milligan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I didn’t watch it. Just saw the listing in the guide and turned it on for like 10 seconds.     
    • I wasn't one of them. All my coworkers said Jackson needed to be brought up here from Spring training. I was the only guy who said he wasn't ready. I'd like to think I know a bit about the game. The first game I saw in person, Jim Gentile was our first baseman. I'm old.  Obviously, Holliday is a work in progress. But he looks a bit lost in the field and at the plate. Sending him down while maybe hurting his ego, hopefully will help get him back on track. You simply can't keep playing him here when he's failing every day. I mean think about it. You or I could get up to bat and probably get a hit or two from sheer luck. That isn't what you want from a guy penciled in as your next superstar. I guarantee with more time at AAA perfecting his craft you'll see a different version of him when he gets a call up later this year 
    • This thread is 3 pages.  Check it out. https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50510-breaking-down-holliday’s-swing/  
    • I sure hope you are right!!!! MASN is beyond mess.
    • 1.  Letting him walk.  This is the most likely scenario.  Replacing his 14M salary with someone making the minimum hardly seems to significantly impact extending Burns or even any of our young core, or sign a top FA pitcher.  They will or they won’t regardless of the savings. 2. Moving Santander in season seems unlikely but that could have some affect towards adding salary at the deadline.
    • He became the easiest Up/Down guy when Suarez was promoted, and I'll admit as the Melendez HR was flying out I thought his roster spot might get refreshed today. I don't know how yet, but I don't think they are going to have Grayson miss the Yankees series which he would as the rotation currently rests.    I figure we will hear soon if they accelerate him to tomorrow, but more likely they give him a little extra juice with a Povich game or bullpen game somewhere in the Oakland series.
  • Popular Contributors