Former O Bako pulls dirty trick

freethebirds

RHP Josh Johnson was nearly thrown out from left field after he dumped a single in the top of the sixth inning Sunday. After he swung, Johnson was looking around, thinking he'd fouled the ball off. "I was looking around, then (Phillies catcher Paul) Bako goes, 'Yeah, it's foul.' As soon as he said that, I saw the ball (in left field) and I took off running," Johnson said.

(Yahoo! Sports)

Have Johnson on my fantasy team and got this from the little update box. Sorry if this needs to be moved to the MLB page, thought since Bako was a former O there was reason to throw it in here. What do you guys think of these tricks? Personally, I don't mind them. In addition to being funny, the hitter should obviously not trust his opponent. Sort of reminds me of that time A Rod screamed "I got it" while on 3rd base (as a baserunner) to cause a pop up to land. Everyone was furious, but the guys all just want to win.

Personally, I think it's complete crap to do something like that. It violates the unwritten laws of baseball. I'm a bit surprised he didn't get hit in his next at bat. That is, unless Bako didn't see the ball either. Then it's just an accident and this whole thing is moot.

Personally, I think it's complete crap to do something like that. It violates the unwritten laws of baseball. I'm a bit surprised he didn't get hit in his next at bat. That is, unless Bako didn't see the ball either. Then it's just an accident and this whole thing is moot.

I think JJ was in to pinch hit, not as a pitcher. Maybe someone should have plunked him, but I don't think Josh Johnson had the chance.

Have Johnson on my fantasy team and got this from the little update box. Sorry if this needs to be moved to the MLB page, thought since Bako was a former O there was reason to throw it in here. What do you guys think of these tricks? Personally, I don't mind them. In addition to being funny, the hitter should obviously not trust his opponent. Sort of reminds me of that time A Rod screamed "I got it" while on 3rd base (as a baserunner) to cause a pop up to land. Everyone was furious, but the guys all just want to win.

I think this is fine, but the ARod one is complete crap. It can be very dangerous to yell I got it because if people don't know where it is they can get plunked in the head by it.

It is a very well known written rule that you do NOT yell I got it if you are on the offense.

Unwritten laws of baseball. Lol

Archived