Silly things your partner has said

Cricket

Been fun reading. As others have said, I also hear quite frequently, without her seeing what I'm doing:

"Let me guess, your on the Hangout..."

My wife thanks you for introducing me to the Hangout!!!:D

Given the losing, something on the lighter side...

So I've lived in Australia since 1998, and have known my wife since that time, which also happens to coincide with the length of time that the O's have been, shall I say... less than stellar. Basically, the only thing that my wife knows about the O's is that they are good at losing. Despite all my aspirations of breakout seasons and hot prospects, they've still primarily lost during our entire relationship. The two games she's seen at OPACY, they've lost (one a few years ago when Reilly was pitching, the other this year with Guthrie against CC).

So, when I complained the other day about the 18 odd runs that the BoSox scored against the O's, the unthinkable was uttered.

"Why don't you just root for another team, preferably one that wins."

I'm checking the nuptial as we speak...

And to think I vouched for the two of you so that you could get married!:scratchchinhmm:

Roy - given my wife's lack of interest or knowledge of the game, and the fact that she's never chosen any team, I've never had to make this call.

However, when it came time for me to indicate what team my 1 year old daughter was going to cheer for, I got:

"Don't you think it should be up to her to decide."

Matt I raised you better than this. Tell Renee I am very dissapointed in her.:mad: She knew when she married a Gordos that the children will be brainwashed as Orioles fans. The dissapointing thing is lately that my daughter has been telling my son when I check the score that, "I am sure they are losing again!?:cussing:" On a side note, you got Roy to respond to one of your threads. I guess you are the smarter one.;)

Finally, as you well know, the losing started after my wife noted in October of 1997. "I don't understand why you are so upset that they lost the ALCS. They are good every year, they will just be back next year!!" She wonders why it took me three more years to marry her.:scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Were the Orioles ever any good?"

Yes, dear, yes they were. Although it is starting to seem like a dream I once had....

But she's a good fan -- she roots for the O's and pays attention sometimes, but on occasion she really confuses me. For instance, she'll still say something like "I can't believe the O's let the other team score that many points," and I'll explain (again) that they're runs in baseball, not points or goals.

But then, once when I was on the road and sent her a text message asking for an update (couldn't get the game on the radio), she wrote back "7-6 O's, bottom of the sixth, two on, two out, pitcher doesn't have his good stuff tonight." I almost drove straight home thinking there had to be another man in my house.

I always used to get this, when I was actually married, sometime around March/April: "So, we get to go through another wonderful 7 months of you being in a bad mood all the time."

And my personal favorite: "The TV has feelings, you know. You don't have to be so mean to it."

Or "If you can run across the field during the 9th inning, touch the Southwest sign, and run back and touch my hand, I'll give you $1,000!!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym54tv8DFac

What is the fine for getting arrested? I have heard of doing things for a girl, but for a wife? That is taking "love" to the next level.:laughlol: I am pretty sure you are joking.

What is the fine for getting arrested? I have heard of doing things for a girl, but for a wife? That is taking "love" to the next level.:laughlol: I am pretty sure you are joking.

Fortunately, I was in the comfort of my own home when this went down. From what Jim Hunter says, these "idiots" get to spend a night in jail, but I've never heard about a fine or how significant it is. I would assume the $1000 prize would be close to covering it, but maybe not. Unfortunately, this fella didn't even get back to slap his buddy's hand and instead took his advice to run right into that police officer.

Or "If you can run across the field during the 9th inning, touch the Southwest sign, and run back and touch my hand, I'll give you $1,000!!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym54tv8DFac

I can't view the link from here at work, but is that the guy with the lacrosse stick from Monday night's game? That cop really levelled him. Twice. Also, I was wondering at what point during his night in jail he wished he'd run out onto the field with a shirt and shoes.

I can't view the link from here at work, but is that the guy with the lacrosse stick from Monday night's game? That cop really levelled him. Twice. Also, I was wondering at what point during his night in jail he wished he'd run out onto the field with a shirt and shoes.

Yep, that's the one. Not too sure it was a lacrosse stick though. Looks like a little Orioles flag. Whatever it was scared the bejesus out of Juan Rivera.

My wife thanks you for introducing me to the Hangout!!!:D

And to think I vouched for the two of you so that you could get married!:scratchchinhmm:

Matt I raised you better than this. Tell Renee I am very dissapointed in her.:mad: She knew when she married a Gordos that the children will be brainwashed as Orioles fans. The dissapointing thing is lately that my daughter has been telling my son when I check the score that, "I am sure they are losing again!?:cussing:" On a side note, you got Roy to respond to one of your threads. I guess you are the smarter one.;)

Finally, as you well know, the losing started after my wife noted in October of 1997. "I don't understand why you are so upset that they lost the ALCS. They are good every year, they will just be back next year!!" She wonders why it took me three more years to marry her.:scratchchinhmm:

"What does 500 mean?" - not that this has been relevant in our relationship.

"Do you think I care that much." When trying to explain the 40 man roster, options, and the minor leagues system.

"So, were they good seats?" - after being GIVEN tickets to sit 10 rows directly behind home plate at OPACY.

Wife (on the couch): "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Me: "Good God Samuel, I mean seriously! Ben (my 2 year old) would have put the brakes on!"

Wife: "I'm going to bed"

Me: "Good idea"

Or

Wife: "Enjoying your stories (our code for OH) in there" or "Did they trade him yet?"

Me: "Did Kate release her sex tape yet?" or "No, Kate can't move her 8 freakin' kids in here!"

Me: "Did Kate release her sex tape yet?" or "No, Kate can't move her 8 freakin' kids in here!"

My wife "Don't change the channel, my episode is on again!"

My wife's dream in life was to be a reality TV star. Mine to be an Oriole. Life is just not fair. She filmed her 3rd episode for the show this summer.

Archived