8/14 Os Tillman v. Angels' Weaver

bce086

Why are you rolling your eyes? The bashing will be deserved.

Yeah. It's no question that Pie is a great defender, however, when he "thinks" he doesn't do it well. He's great at running down and catching balls. But he just doesn't have the baseball IQs down yet.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? He played off the ball so he could play it off the wall, then it still got past him.

Yeah it was an awful attempt at playing the ball off the wall cuz the ball got way past him lol

By the way did you see him blow a bubble as he was chasing the ball :rofl:

Why are you rolling your eyes? The bashing will be deserved.

Well, for one, Roberts should've been on second and it's probably the reason Pie double clutched. I couldn't tell where Roberts was but it looked like he was in between second and the pitcher's mound. I could be wrong, but it seemed Pie double clutched because he simply didn't see anyone where he was supposed to throw it.

But when I said Pie bashing I meant he'll get it a lot worse just because he's Pie. There are the Pie guys and the anti-Pie guys and this just adds to their fuel.

Well, for one, Roberts should've been on second and it's probably the reason Pie double clutched. I couldn't tell where Roberts was but it looked like he was in between second and the pitcher's mound. I could be wrong, but it seemed Pie double clutched because he simply didn't see anyone where he was supposed to throw it.

But when I said Pie bashing I meant he'll get it a lot worse just because he's Pie. There are the Pie guys and the anti-Pie guys and this just adds to their fuel.

So, he shouldn't be bashed because someone wasn't there, and he THREW IT ANYWAY?

Yeah, that's great reasoning.

well don't just bash Pie for that mistake, someone didn't do their job covering 1st base on that play. Someone covers 1st, and Izturis doesn't score and MAYBE Guerrero gets thrown out @ 2nd since he was coming back to 1st when Pie threw it to 1st.

Roberts wasn't on 2nd, so Pie threw it there anyways? Great logic. Throw the ball TO SOMEONE.

So, he shouldn't be bashed because someone wasn't there, and he THREW IT ANYWAY?

Yeah, that's great reasoning.

I'm merely saying that he'll get jumped on for anything. If he held it because he didn't have anyone to throw to and the guy ran home and score, they would've bashed him for that.

His instincts aren't that great... yes, I get it. I just don't think that play was entirely his fault.

well don't just bash Pie for that mistake, someone didn't do their job covering 1st base on that play. Someone covers 1st, and Izturis doesn't score and MAYBE Guerrero gets thrown out @ 2nd since he was coming back to 1st when Pie threw it to 1st.

Who covers 1st there? In other words, where was the 1st baseman, since he was obviously not there? He was probably backing up home in case the play went there.

Roberts wasn't on 2nd, so Pie threw it there anyways? Great logic. Throw the ball TO SOMEONE.

dot dot dot.

I. Didn't. Say. That.

I'm merely saying that it's not completely his fault. And as I said before if he held it and the guy on 3rd took off everyone would be bashing him too.

I agree it was a bad throw, but Roberts should've also been where he should've been.

Archived