1B'man Rhyne Hughes is the PTBNL in the Zaun deal.

brvn52

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is AM setting up a dog-fight between Snyder, Hughes and Aubrey for who will start 1B for the O's next spring?

Aubrey's OPS is .100 less than Hughes, so he should be no where near the competition.

Competition can be a good thing. Does this mean Huff won't be returning?

MacPhail said that Snyder will be the 1B in 2010 so it seems like Huff is gone.

A guy at our biggest position of need who has a .900 OPS at AAA isn't as good as getting cash?

I don't understand this thinking.

This guy is not a prospect, he's no answer to anything. Yes I'd rather have cash and spend it on the draft or international signings and get some real prospects.

Looks like a AAAA guy. He's 25, which makes him a little old for prospect status, though it's not unheard of for someone like this to make it. He has good power in the minors. Until we actually see him play in the majors, this is nothing to get excited about, for or against.

Really? It has to be 3B or SS.

Bell is going to be our 3b at some point next year. Unless he's a bust, he's going to be a fixture there for the next 6+ years.

Andino has proven himself capable of playing short at the major league level and will have every chance to hold onto the starting job there once Izturis is gone.

First base is totally up in the air. Snyder hasn't shown he can hit and isn't a superior glove man. Aubrey brings the defense, but hasn't shown he can hit. That makes me believe 1b is our biggest position of need.

Really? It has to be 3B or SS.

Josh Bell??

A SS would definately have been more useful though.

Problem is, short term Izturis and Andino are definately adequate, but its doubtful we'd get anyone good enough to have a long term impact.

I would've liked something along the lines of a RP to fill in spots that hopefully Hendrickson and Baez will vacate.

I believe somebody already mentioned him ;)

His numbers look eerily similar to Snyder's, especially considering they started professional baseball the same year. Snyder is three years younger and looks to have much better plate discipline, so he is without a doubt the better prospect, but when we don't know what our first base plans are yet, we should be getting as many options as we can.

I guess I do not care either way. This looks like fluff to me. He wasn't even a top 30 prospect coming into this season and he is 25 years old. If we could only get $25k back in return then I would rather take a player. Kind of ho-hum for me though.

Archived