Nats offer to Strasburg is *roughly* $20 million

ChaosLex

Would the O's draft Strasburg next year, knowing his outrageous demands?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Would the O's draft Strasburg next year, knowing his outrageous demands?

http://masnsports.com/2009/08/fit-to-be-tied-2.html

Let's say Strasburg declines the Nats offer and goes back into the draft for next year. If he were to fall to the O's, do you think the O's would draft him, knowing these outrageous demands?

Thoughts!?

Hell no. I don't want that idiot anywhere on the O's team. To turn down that kind of money is just stupid. These kids that have not pitched an inning in MLB or a player drafted for the NFL that have not seen one damn down in the NFL think they are worth this much money. That to me is one major problem in Pro Sports. These kids coming out of college are qwanting so much. owners now have to raise prices for tickets. I can't afford to go to a game now. It is just plain silly how it has gotten in sports.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell no. I don't want that idiot anywhere on the O's team. To turn down that kind of money is just stupid. These kids that have not pitched an inning in MLB or a player drafted for the NFL that have not seen one damn down in the NFL think they are worth this much money. That to me is one major problem in Pro Sports. These kids coming out of college are qwanting so much. owners now have to raise prices for tickets. I can't afford to go to a game now. It is just plain silly how it has gotten in sports.
Calm down, champ. Strasburg signed for about $15.5M.

And players making more money isn't causing tickets to go up. Tickets going up is causing players to make more money. Its sort of a chicken-egg situation, but not entirely.

And everyone can afford to go to a game, maybe not in the best seats and eat the best food with the best parking, but you can get to a game. The Orioles have tickets available for under $10 a few nights a week.

Archived