What would you offer for Adrian Gonzalez?

jdwilde1

Would you want to trade the package neccassary to get him and then sign him to the extension that would probably be north of 120 million as well?

Not me...I like AGon..Have been wanting him on this team for years while many didn't but this would be a pretty poor move by us IMO.

If I am the Orioles and if I am willing to trade 1 of the big 3, another very good young pitcher, Snyder and another prospect, I would shoot for guys with more service time.

If you put Arrieta, DH, Snyder and Britton on the table to the Reds for Votto(just using Votto as an example), are they going to say no to that?

I'd do that trade in .5 seconds.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure I agree with you but that wasn't really my point.

Pick another very good young player on a team that maybe can't afford him long term and needs a lot of help.

The Twins. I think they might be inclined to deal knowing they can't afford two big time premium free agents. Justin is line for a huge increase in salary.

Now you may know this and I don't.

Do the Padres have someone to replace him in the minors? If not, if they traded him, I'm guessing they would need a 1st baseman.

Also if we gave them Guthrie + Arietta + another arm, I count 3 pitchers.

Not to mention an adequate power bat to play left field for them. Now to be honest, Lukes salary would probably scare that deal off, but perhaps a Pie in the mix wouldn't. They have long coveted a speedy good glove CF, for some reason (honestly) they are not a big fan of Jr out there in center.

Kyle Blanks.:rolleyestf: They need good pitchers.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/B/kyle-blanks.shtml

It is if there are any bats for sale and if they want to play in Baltimore, and if you are willing to pursue said bats aggressively.

When fans come up with trade proposals for star player remember these statements:

- You are probably only 60% there because you are over valuing your prospects. You are not very objective.

- Adding another one or two C type prospect doesn't make it better.

- If it doesn't really make you stop and really think about it, you aren't there yet.

- If you were the other team would you make the deal.

Us fans probably feel the same way if people were making "offers" for our players.

What would you trade for Kakes? You wouldn't trade him for a proposal of David Hernadez, Erbe, Snyder, and Zagone. You can make the argument, we don't need to get rid of Kakes, why do the Padres need to? Getting rid of Peavy helped out a lot. You can say Kakes is signed longer term, yeah, but it isn't having a player signed reasonably for 2 years is a short time.

Proves my point. Most Oriole fans would do that trade in .5 seconds. Which proves the Reds would say no in .5 seconds.

I'm with SportsGuy on this one. I think the Reds would more than entertain that offer. I'm not saying they go right for it, but I would think that would be close.

I am not sure I agree with you but that wasn't really my point.

Pick another very good young player on a team that maybe can't afford him long term and needs a lot of help.

Chase Headley or Alex Gordon would be guys I would be interested in. Headly has been hot lately, but he could play third. Gordon just got optioned to the minors. Might be a good buy low candidate.

I know we have Bell, but we can't have enough good young players.

Would love to have Gonzo, but we need to be realistic. You are not getting him without a package starting with Tillman/Matusz, Reimold, ......

If we aren't willing to deal that at least, why are we having this discussion. The padres don't want Scott. They might take a flier on Guts, but that is a add on, not a integral part of a deal.

When fans come up with trade proposals for star player remember these statements:

- You are probably only 60% there because you are over valuing your prospects. You are not very objective.

- Adding another one or two C type prospect doesn't make it better.

- If it doesn't really make you stop and really think about it, you aren't there yet.

- If you were the other team would you make the deal.

Us fans probably feel the same way if people were making "offers" for our players.

What would you trade for Kakes? You wouldn't trade him for a proposal of David Hernadez, Erbe, Snyder, and Zagone. You can make the argument, we don't need to get rid of Kakes, why do the Padres need to? Getting rid of Peavy helped out a lot. You can say Kakes is signed longer term, yeah, but it isn't having a player signed reasonably for 2 years is a short time.

You are making far too much sense to be posting in this thread.:laughlol:

I wouldn't do that trade. I am not giving up Hernandez, Arrieta, and Britton. The later two are part of the next wave that include Johnson as the #3.

Well, I can't disagree with your logic at all in that scenario, but I do feel there has to come a time to stop playing/waiting for the next wave. There is always a next wave. Sometimes they pan, sometimes they don't. If you want to play for the here and now. That trade would be a good haul both ways. Provided Votto isn't Glenn Davis.

Proves my point. Most Oriole fans would do that trade in .5 seconds. Which proves the Reds would say no in .5 seconds.

Agree.

If the trades doesn't make you stay up all night tossing and turning because you can see pro's and con's. That is not a realistic deal.

Archived