Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

Put all of Fahey, Molina, Hernandez, Bynum, and Payton in the lineup at once and everyone becomes Clay Buchholz!

Seriously, those are four or five of the worst hitters in the major leagues. You'd have to be playing some weird whiffleball game where Fahey hits the ball, Hernandez goes out to where it lands and hits it again, then Molina goes out to where that one lands and hits it again to get it out of the park.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the bulletin board he's referring to may actually be in the clubhouse, a list of players that are up here for September, not this board. Roch's not going to go and report things he's read on a message board.

Though I wish that were the case.

I'm running late, so I can't go back and check it, but I am pretty sure that he said he read these names on "a few bulletin boards."

Not trying to be argumentative here...but are we really that bad of an organization that we have nothing more than a bulletin board to communicate which players are being called up?? I mean, it is 2007...

Elliot

I'm running late, so I can't go back and check it, but I am pretty sure that he said he read these names on "a few bulletin boards."

Not trying to be argumentative here...but are we really that bad of an organization that we have nothing more than a bulletin board to communicate which players are being called up?? I mean, it is 2007...

Elliot

He definitely meant a bulletin board or whiteboard in the locker room.

I assume he means the lineup board, which lists not only the starting lineup but all of the RP and available reserves as well. All 29 other teams do it this way as well.

I doubt the Orioles brought a bulletin board on the team charter down to Tampa just to post news and notes.

Elliot

So far, I've spotted four new names on bulletin board: Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera.

That is the first line of the blog. The roster is placed on the bulletin board in the clubhouse. PERIOD. No more room for discussion on the topic.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2007/09/new_faces.html

Though none of them are playing, nor are there any kids in the lineup.

The Orioles today announced that they have added four players to their roster with the conclusion of the minor league season. Those players will join the team for the Orioles' game at Tampa Bay tonight.

SS Luis Hernandez and INF Brandon Fahey were each recalled for their second stint with the Orioles this season. Hernandez appeared in 13 games for the Orioles, batting .333 (12-36). He spent most of the season at AA Bowie, hitting .242 (88-364) in 92 games. Fahey batted .231 (9-39) in 23 games for the Birds. He hit .236 (81-343) with 2 home runs and 28 RBI in 91 games for AAA Norfolk.

The Orioles also selected RHP Fernando Cabrera from Norfolk and recalled CA Gustavo Molina from Bowie. Cabrera began the season with the Cleveland Indians and went 1-2 with a 5.61 ERA (33.2IP, 21ER) in 24 games before being released on August 9. He was signed by the Orioles on August 21 and made 3 relief appearances at Norfolk. Molina was claimed off waivers from the Chicago White Sox on July 30. He batted .364 (28-77) in 22 games for the Baysox and went 1-for-18 in 10 games for the White Sox earlier this season.

To make room for Cabrera on the 40-man roster, RHP Chris Ray was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.

The Orioles also announced that Bowie coach Moe Hill will be added to the coaching staff when the team returns home on Thursday. Hill completed his 5th season in the organization and his 2nd with the Baysox.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070904&content_id=2188414&vkey=pr_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Press Release from Baltimore.

So it looks like NO:

Jaret Wright

Nolan Reimold

Jeff Fiorentino

Val Majewski

Jon Knott

Luis Jiminez

Hayden Penn

I wonder if they want to use Hernandez at first and catch House some?

3 of these 4 callups are amazingly stupid but predictable.

Maybe Penn isn't up because of the option stuff....May not be able to come up if we want another option for next year.

Not calling up Reimold is just beyond dumb unless there is something about keeping him in Bowie for a legit reason. Can't think of one though.

How is Knott not brought up? That is the one that really stupid...Is he hurt?

Holy crap. Just, holy crap. I am so disheartened. With Trembley's talks of wanting to see what the kids could do, what we have waiting in the wings for next year, I was encouraged. I thought maybe we'd at least be able to look forward to a September filled with glimpses of our future. Actually, I may not be too far off if our FO is so inept that they can't see that Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez have about a .1% chance of being anything close to what could be considered an adequate major leaguer.

This is just so F'ing stupid. You'd think with Bedard's injury they'd at least call up Penn or SOMEONE to take his spot. Birkins sure can't do it and we're relying too much on Bell and Burres for relief to count on them.

Again, this is one of those times where I wish the rules on swearing on this board were relaxed for an hour or two. So. F'ing. Stupid.

Archived