Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

Maybe Penn isn't up because of the option stuff....May not be able to come up if we want another option for next year.
Penn, Knott and Doyne should all be up here.

Reimold I suppose I could understand them not calling up, one of the possible reasons being wanting to get him some rest before the AFL. I would like to see him up here though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Penn, Knott and Doyne should all be up here.

Reimold I suppose I could understand them not calling up, one of the possible reasons being wanting to get him some rest before the AFL. I would like to see him up here though.

Doyne is/was on the DL for Norfolk. He may not actually be healthy enough to pitch right now.

Holy crap. Just, holy crap. I am so disheartened. With Trembley's talks of wanting to see what the kids could do, what we have waiting in the wings for next year, I was encouraged. I thought maybe we'd at least be able to look forward to a September filled with glimpses of our future. Actually, I may not be too far off if our FO is so inept that they can't see that Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez have about a .1% chance of being anything close to what could be considered an adequate major leaguer.

This is just so F'ing stupid. You'd think with Bedard's injury they'd at least call up Penn or SOMEONE to take his spot. Birkins sure can't do it and we're relying too much on Bell and Burres for relief to count on them.

Again, this is one of those times where I wish the rules on swearing on this board were relaxed for an hour or two. So. F'ing. Stupid.

Oh man I didnt even think of that...Birkins or at this point Burres starting makes me throw up in my mouth a little...:002_ssleepy:

So what if they haven't been called up yet? Can't they call up the other guys later in September? I mean, it's only the 4th.

It was said by someone in the FO that they were planning on adding 4-5 players today. They already added 3 over the weekend. So that brings the total of players brought up to 7.

Yes, more players can be called up later but that would be insanely stupid to have them get out of baseball shape and then call them up later.

The FO owes us an explanation. We're watching our division rivals call up their studs, guys that are no hitting us, guys that are helping their respective teams to the playoffs, and we bring up a couple of guys who have a .656 MiL OPS (Fahey), a .624 MiL OPS (Hernandez), and a .651 MiL OPS (Molina).

Meanwhile Reimold's .886 MiL OPS and Jimenez's .846 MiL OPS are being ignored.

The call-ups Roch mentions are all basically nothings who are strictly fill-ins and won't take time away from the precious Veteran Presences.Let's face it, they aren't playing House because we musn't let Hernandez, Millar or Huff sit; they might not like it. Who would expect them to call up anybody decent?

Molina, Fahey, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera, Another words, another worthless, no-hit catcher and utility infielder, a .240-hitting double-A shortstop who won't get to play anyway because Tejada will *****, and cannon fodder for the bullpen.

I hope that isn't it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Could this be what DT is pissed about?

Is this the "behind the scenes stuff" Roch was referring too?

Maybe DT wanted more youngsters and the FO said no???

I would be pissed too. Not only do these call ups not help the Orioles whatsoever, they actually speed up the process by which we are going to have the #1 pick in the 2008 draft.

So what if they haven't been called up yet? Can't they call up the other guys later in September? I mean, it's only the 4th.

They probably want Knott, Penn, and the others to get good and out of game shape before calling them up. Wouldn't want them to be in a regular routine and then have them pinch hit for Paul Bako once every 15 days.

You all seriously crack me up...

Yes, we are going through yet another losing season. And yes, our team didn't pull through for that .500 finish. And yes, our team is in the dumps right now. But HONESTLY, there is NO HOPE for this team this year! NONE! So what are we going to do? Hope and pray that every team we face collapses and we actually finish with a winning record? No. We are going to let the kids play, which is what should be done.

Many of the posters on here say "BLOW IT UP!" Believe me, I completely agree with you! I have gotten over making excuses for these players that have been signed and are not producing. In my opinion, Miguel Tejada should have been traded. Is Luis Hernandez the shortstop of the future? Who knows! He's only 23 years old! I'll tell you one thing: I'd MUCH rather have him in the field than Tejada, Fahey, or Bynum at this point when our season is all but lost. His range and defensive abilities are much better. He might not hit bombs, but he can get on base. And what wins ballgames, people? PITCHING, DEFENSE, AND MOVING MEN AROUND THE BASES.

Now for the other guys... Earlier in the week, before call-ups were made, someone said (it escapes my mind who, but I am thinking Trembley or Roch) that the only call-ups would be men on the 40-man. Hernandez: On the 40-man. Molina: Claimed off waivers, on the 40-man. Fahey: Misprint kept him on the 40-man from last year. (Ha ha.) Cabrera: Moved to the 40-man, apparently deserves a look. Reimold, Jimenez, etc.: NOT on the 40-man.

(As a big Reimold fan I am shocked, but hopefully he'll pull a Markakis... Remember, Nick wasn't called up September 2005.)

Sorry I had to rant, especially because I haven't posted in forever... But I really couldn't hold it in anymore.

Could this be what DT is pissed about?

Is this the "behind the scenes stuff" Roch was referring too?

Maybe DT wanted more youngsters and the FO said no???

Nah Crazysilver posted the follow up that Roch just meant Trembley was pulled in a lot of directions.

These callups are all about defense, right up Trembley's alley. Jimenez and Knott are both supposedly poor defenders or have been labeled as such and the team could never take at bats away from Aubrey Huff or Kevin Millar at the DH slot. :rolleyes:

The best part about Molina's promotion is the possibility of what his at-bat music will be at Camden Yards. Anyone who attended Baysox games the past three weeks will certainly know what I'm talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM When Molina would come up to bat and the music would play, it was always fun to look around the ballpark and see the 5,000 laughing faces including both teams' players and coaches!

Archived