Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

Fair enough points, but Trembley said our goal is to evaluate the kids this September. I'd say with these callups we've failed already.
I agree, not calling up Penn, Knott, and to a lesser extent Reimold is insanity. Although I still do expect to see Knott and Penn in Baltimore. I doubt they'll call up Reimold though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough points, but Trembley said our goal is to evaluate the kids this September. I'd say with these callups we've failed already.

I can evaluate those guys (minus Cabrera) without calling them up. They stink! Where do I apply for a job in the FO?

And I do like Luis Jimenez, but I can name another "next coming of David Ortiz" who TORE IT UP in Bowie, was brought up, and was never heard from again... Walter Young, anyone? I know he holds the HR record or something of that nature down there...

Young didn't hit anywhere near as well for Bowie. His stats were .274/.343/.539/.882. Jimenez' are .329/.399/.595/.994. 55 points higher batting average and 112 points higher OPS. And it's the way he's higher - by improving over the course of the year.

Moe Hill was the hitting coach this season for the Baysox. He's a knowledgeable guy who's been around a long time. I'm not positive if it was all Moe's doing but ever since Gustavo Molina joined the organization, I saw a drastic improvement in his approach at the plate, shorter swing, etc.

Hmm... a hitting coach, you say... I wonder what that might mean for the future? :confused:

I can evaluate those guys (minus Cabrera) without calling them up. They stink! Where do I apply for a job in the FO?

It's truly sad that we can honestly say fans on this message board have a better idea of how to run this team than the people who actually run it, and be serious. We might not know how to negotiate a contract or what not, but at least we can tell what contracts would be stupid, what players do or don't deserve to be on the team, and why.

This organization is completely clueless.

I DO know about you guys ;) , but I'd like to see what Gustavo brings to the table. Is he the sleeper Molina? Can he either catch or throw? :rolleyes: I'll take either since I haven't seen much of either (eitheritis) lately! :rolleyes::) I'd like to see a catcher with energy that points after K's and has a rocket arm - you know a rich man's Alberto Castillo with youth. He's just a backup and he's young.

Meanwhile our two major picks, Wieters and Arrieta will have to wait a month to play twiddling their thumbs, for fear they might get a hangnail and be out for 2008. :rolleyes:

Weiters and Arrieta both sat out a couple of months. By the time either would have been in game shape, the minor league season was over.

So you want to call them up to the majors right away? Thats a brilliant idea. You must work for the FO.

It's truly sad that we can honestly say fans on this message board have a better idea of how to run this team than the people who actually run it, and be serious. We might not know how to negotiate a contract or what not, but at least we can tell what contracts would be stupid, what players do or don't deserve to be on the team, and why.

This organization is completely clueless.

Bigbird does that every day in the insurance bidness. And SG? :cool: He takes no crap from the Borass' of the world! :)

Interesting, it could be an audition for Crowley's job or maybe they've finally decided to platoon Crowley with someone who can teach approach.

Hahahahaha, platoon.

The O's don't know the meaning of the word platoon. Either they think it's a mid 80's move starring Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger or they think it means rotating Hernandez, Fahey and Bynum and expecting good results.

Way to go, O's!! You never fail to...fail.

Weiters and Arrieta both sat out a couple of months. By the time either would have been in game shape, the minor league season was over.

So you want to call them up to the majors right away? Thats a brilliant idea. You must work for the FO.

No but they should have got some time in with the minor league clubs in the playoffs. Having them sit around for another month isn't going to do any good for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see poor showings for both in the fall considering they both sat on the shelf for so long.

Side note here, the August 15th deadline should be moved up until two weeks after the draft. It's stupid to think these guys can sit out almost an entire summer.

If that were the case maybe Wieters could be in a September callup here and starting next year in Bowie.

Uhm... this is wrong. I doubt there are many people here left who give a damn about our record anymore. This is about seeing our future and giving the coaches(as well as the fans) a chance to see some young, new faces who might actually factor into a good Orioles team.

Luis Hernandez can't get on base at AA, so I'm not sure what makes you think he'll do it here, but I really don't wanna get into this argument again...

And the lineup for tonight with all of those "kids" l & g, oh wait:

Here's the lineup per Roch:

Brian Roberts - 2B

Corey Patterson - CF

Miguel Tejada - SS

Kevin Millar - 1B

Nick Markakis - RF

Melvin Mora - 3B

Aubrey Huff - DH

Ramon Hernandez - C

Jay Payton - LF

Jeremy Guthrie - P

And the lineup for tonight with all of those "kids" l & g, oh wait:

Here's the lineup per Roch:

Brian Roberts - 2B

Corey Patterson - CF

Miguel Tejada - SS

Kevin Millar - 1B

Nick Markakis - RF

Melvin Mora - 3B

Aubrey Huff - DH

Ramon Hernandez - C

Jay Payton - LF

Jeremy Guthrie - P

Again, no House, no Moore. Well here's to another loss by the same crew...

Archived