Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

And the lineup for tonight with all of those "kids" l & g, oh wait:

Here's the lineup per Roch:

Brian Roberts - 2B

Corey Patterson - CF

Miguel Tejada - SS

Kevin Millar - 1B

Nick Markakis - RF

Melvin Mora - 3B

Aubrey Huff - DH

Ramon Hernandez - C

Jay Payton - LF

Jeremy Guthrie - P

It really is as if DT is afraid of benching the Paytons, Millars, and Moras of the team. This certainly does not seem like someone who is in charge of the clubhouse. There is no reason other than this that I can think of that Moore and House should not bei n the line up. Not gonna even mention how ridiculous it is that Knott, Penn, et al. are not up here.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Penn has thrown about 40 innings in the minors this year, we already have 14 pitchers as it is. Reimold is in AA ball, maybe they don't think he is ready yet.

I don't think Knott who is 29 years old is in our future plans so why bring him up.

We have called up players that our not a big part of the future to look at bench options for next year. Just because we haven't called up the "big names" -Penn and Reimold -doesn't mean they are not in our future plans. No one in their right mind can think calling these guys up means that they are big pieces to the puzzle. Appeasing the fan base might not be in the best interests of the organization. Penn and Reimold both have very valid reasons why they are not here.

It really is as if DT is afraid of benching the Paytons, Millars, and Moras of the team. This certainly does not seem like someone who is in charge of the clubhouse. There is no reason other than this that I can think of that Moore and House should not bei n the line up. Not gonna even mention how ridiculous it is that Knott, Penn, et al. are not up here.

Well to be honest Moore can't hit lefties, but really neither can Mora. House however can, and Millar and Huff haven't been so great at it. Huff kills TB so he has to stay in, but Millar could probably be benched, put Hernandez at 1st and put House behind the plate. Problem solved. Millar hasn't done much to warrant more playing time.

I'm sorry but I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Penn has thrown about 40 innings in the minors this year, we already have 14 pitchers as it is. Reimold is in AA ball, maybe they don't think he is ready yet.

I don't think Knott who is 29 years old is in our future plans so why bring him up.

We have called up players that our not a big part of the future to look at bench options for next year. Just because we haven't called up the "big names" -Penn and Reimold -doesn't mean they are not in our future plans. No one in their right mind can think calling these guys up means that they are big pieces to the puzzle. Appeasing the fan base might not be in the best interests of the organization. Penn and Reimold both have very valid reasons why they are not here.

I'm sorry, but this pitching staff needs all the help it can get.

Calling Penn up to give him 20 innings or so for the rest of the month won't kill anyone.

You are reading far to much into things. Mora and Millar will be starting here next year. There is a very fine line between seeing the kids and alienating the veterans who will be back next year.

Calling Penn up to give him 20 innings or so for the rest of the month won't kill anyone.

Like SG said it might make getting him another option not so easy, but at this point they can't depend on that. They might as well see what they have now so if need be they can trade him in the offseason in a package before he becomes the next Jeremy Guthrie.

Like SG said it might make getting him another option not so easy, but at this point they can't depend on that. They might as well see what they have now so if need be they can trade him in the offseason in a package before he becomes the next Jeremy Guthrie.
I thought we've realized that he gets the extra option no matter what because he was in short season ball for the entirety of his first two professional seasons.

So bringing up a kid who has battled injuries all year proves what? I think the Orioles already have a very good idea about Penn. I think he will be given a good shot to win the 5th starting spot in spring training.

Yes, more players can be called up later but that would be insanely stupid to have them get out of baseball shape and then call them up later.

What, are they going to get in the buffet line at Sizzler or your local smorgasboard? Does it really take that much time to get into "baseball shape?"

What, are they going to get in the buffet line at Sizzler or your local smorgasboard? Does it really take that much time to get into "baseball shape?"

It depends on how long they are out of their routine. It isnt fair to take them out of their routine for 10 days and then call them up to the majors and expect them to produce.

...Penn and Reimold both have very valid reasons why they are not here.

Yea. They'd serve to further highlight the incompetence of those who put together a roster of much older, vastly more expensive, but less talented players.

So bringing up a kid who has battled injuries all year proves what? I think the Orioles already have a very good idea about Penn. I think he will be given a good shot to win the 5th starting spot in spring training.
The only reason not to bring him up would be if he's not physically fit to pitch. He made his last start at Norfolk fine, so unless he's done something they haven't made public, thats not the case.

Archived