Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

Yes, but only in a sweat factory! You think AM or Flanagan win over anybody with a philosophy of FU? You have to give a modecum of respect when respect is earned. You're being harsh.

I've grown too frustrated over the last 10 years to put up with these excuses for roster spots. The bottom line with Fahey is that he hasn't proven that he can hit at AAA or the big leagues enough to warrant a spot. His physical build tells me that he's probably stretching with what he was given to achieve the numbers he has. Move on and evaluate somebody else.

Fahey will make good organizational fodder as a roster filler at AA and AAA for a career, but will never be anything more. JMO.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knott's glove can't be THAT much worse than Payton's in left field, and House can't be THAT much worse than Bako behind the plate. To me, their offensive value outweighs their defensive shortcomings. Look at the A's, they worry about offense first and they seem to do ok.

Even if they're not kids, they're not exactly old either. And they're better than options we've had on the active roster all year IMO. I just don't see why you don't give them a chance. If they come close to their production in AAA, then we have something. If not, I'd rather see them play than the Bako's and Payton's of the world.

Touche. I'm with you, and I walk the same line. I just can't f'ing believe this team has performed this way. I'm worn out. Let's shoot for the stars. The pitching is close, let's get rid of the Huffs and Gibbons and all the rot.

I've grown too frustrated over the last 10 years to put up with these excuses for roster spots. The bottom line with Fahey is that he hasn't proven that he can hit at AAA or the big leagues enough to warrant a spot. His physical build tells me that he's probably stretching with what he was given to achieve the numbers he has. Move on and evaluate somebody else.

Fahey will make good organizational fodder as a roster filler at AA and AAA for a career, but will never be anything more. JMO.

I know. He's done, unless there's an emergency next year. I put this in the class with the Gomez acquisition, that sort of stuff. There are unlimited additions, I think, Fahey has to get the courtesy call, that's all.

I know. He's done, unless there's an emergency next year. I put this in the class with the Gomez acquisition, that sort of stuff. There are unlimited additions, I think, Fahey has to get the courtesy call, that's all.

Fair enough. I just don't understand why you don't use all 40 roster slots when you can and your season is already finished. How much difference does it really make to King Peter's bottom line to bring up 9 more guys for 1 month for the MLB minimum.

Its inexplicable to not bring Knott up, even if all you're going to do is PH him once a game.

Bringing up Fahey and Hernandez are non-moves. They aren't guys that would be here under normal circumstances, but it doesn't hurt (aside from spending about an extra $50k on each of them) to have them up here solely for the occasional pinch running or defensive replacement.

Fair enough. I just don't understand why you don't use all 40 roster slots when you can and your season is already finished. How much difference does it really make to King Peter's bottom line to bring up 9 more guys for 1 month for the MLB minimum.
About $50k a head, so bringing up 15 guys would be fairly expensive.

Touche. I'm with you, and I walk the same line. I just can't f'ing believe this team has performed this way. I'm worn out. Let's shoot for the stars. The pitching is close, let's get rid of the Huffs and Gibbons and all the rot.

Word. Except, maybe we can just re-structure Huff's contract so that he stays behind at Sarasota until August for the next couple years.

So for 9 more guys that's $450k. That's small potatoes compared to the full payroll.
True, but its a half million we won't have for other things. If those extra 9 guys aren't helping at all, its basically just giving away money.

I'd like to see Knott and Penn up here for sure. I'd also like to see Reimold, but understand the benefits to not calling him up. Other than that, theres not many other guys I'd call up, if anyone.

I DO know about you guys ;) , but I'd like to see what Gustavo brings to the table. Is he the sleeper Molina? Can he either catch or throw? :rolleyes: I'll take either since I haven't seen much of either (eitheritis) lately! :rolleyes::) I'd like to see a catcher with energy that points after K's and has a rocket arm - you know a rich man's Alberto Castillo with youth. He's just a backup and he's young.

Name that Molina :D;)

Tank, I know what you mean, but these guys aren't going to be major leaguers. First, they have to have gloves. None of them do, which is why we have been able to acquire them. Second, they ain't kids, and they aren't going to learn to do the right things. My opinion is that the majority of poster here need to get off this ridiculous fascination with the Knotts and Houses of the world and start thinking about defense, moving the runner, all that stuff.

The O's are 5th in the league in defensive efficiency, 9th in runs scored. How's that working out for 'em?

Knott and House have been in the minor leagues all year because the Orioles think they're minor leaguers. That tends to make me think they're most definitely major leaguers.

But Hernandez? I don't know where he ranks in the good field world, but if he is in the top 20 or so, heck, you can have the job dude. Remember Billy Ripken hitting about .240 in the minors? He turned that around quite decently in the majors.

You mean the same Billy Ripken who had five different major league seasons with OPSes under .600? The same Billy Ripken whose career OPS+ was 69?

I can think of no better way to return to the Orioles' glory years than by playing a guy who hits like Bill Ripken. By glory years I mean 1988.

Archived