Pie and Jones

orioles101

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have said, this has been discussed a few times throughout the year. I think it's simply a result of the limited angles and views of the field that we get from watching on television. We don't get to see the full range of their interaction.

Jones covers a lot of territory and seems to, at times, go for balls out of the traditional CF 'zone'. Might lead to some awkward glances, but I doubt there is ill will involved.

Not really about this preschool friendship issue, but the possible lack of communication out in left-center field culd be an issue.

In the 9th, they almost ran into each other on the warning track. Second time it's happened this game.

Wow, no outfield covers more ground than this one. As Palmer alluded to, this is supposed to be a GOOD thing, to have two guys who can range so well. They just need to get their communication down pat. This is only Pie's 42nd game in left, there is a lot of room for improvement communication wise.

Jones looked pretty pissed, and for good reason. I'm not sure if there's a communication issue, but DT needs to sit him down and have someone explain to Pie that he's playing left field and what is expected of him out there.

I just hope he gets his time to show progress, because I could see DT benching him for stuff like that, and he's been looking very good at the plate.

Pie's a little anxious but I think he means well.

I also think he's a better defensive centerfielder than Jones... but I highly doubt that'll change.

I do too, and that's part of the problem. I really hope that Jones doesn't think Pie is trying to show him up out there. If that's the case, that may be why Jones looks a little annoyed with Pie. I personally think Pie is just young and overzealous, but who knows?

Archived