Pie and Jones

orioles101

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do too, and that's part of the problem. I really hope that Jones doesn't think Pie is trying to show him up out there. If that's the case, that may be why Jones looks a little annoyed with Pie. I personally think Pie is just young and overzealous, but who knows?

I doubt he feels Pie is showboating, he's probably more tired of almost colliding with Pie over and over.

I doubt that Jones has ever played with an LF with even close to the same range as Pie. So, it's probably a bit awkward for both.

Exactly. Scott and Reimold aren't getting to that ball. Probably a little jarring. But this is a good thing as long as they learn to interact out there.

Wow, no outfield covers more ground than this one. As Palmer alluded to, this is supposed to be a GOOD thing, to have two guys who can range so well. They just need to get their communication down pat. This is only Pie's 42nd game in left, there is a lot of room for improvement communication wise.

As long as they never collide, I am ok with that. Rule number 1. Let Adam catch it if he is within 20 yards.

As long as they never collide, I am ok with that. Rule number 1. Let Adam catch it if he is within 20 yards.

Did Adam verbally call for the ball? I didn't see/hear it. Granted Pie could have looked down, but he was busy tracking the ball. Obviously you defer to the CF, but you don't want the LF assuming he doesn't need to go after balls in the gap.

I doubt he feels Pie is showboating, he's probably more tired of almost colliding with Pie over and over.

Agreed....that was a routine putout for Jones and he still almost collided with Pie. You can hear Jones screaming for the ball out there. On a more difficult "tweener" somebody is going to get hurt. We've seen a collection of bonehead plays by Pie this season. My pet peeve, for a supposed 5 tool guy, he has one stolen base all season. And Pierzinski is awful at throwing out baserunners. Pie wasn't even a concern on first base tonight (three times on first)

I think it's Jnes problem I think he is into a territorial pissing contest in his own mind. I don't think Pie is trying to show him up , he is just going after the ball as he should. I don't think Jones is calling him off, I think Jones expects Pie to know that the ball is his.

I think it's Jones problem. I think he is into a territorial pissing contest in his own mind. I don't think Pie is trying to show him up, he is just going after the ball as he should. I don't think Jones is calling him off, I think Jones expects Pie to know that the ball is his.

Jones did step right in front of Markakis for a putout tonight. Markakis pulled up in time, but they were within an arms grasp of each other. Once they play more together, Pie should get a better feel for Jones' tendencies and range.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was the catalyst for Jones to start taking on a leadership role in the clubhouse.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. So he can turn the clubhouse against pie andpotentially divide it? Doesn't sound like a good plan but maybe you meant it differently.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. So he can turn the clubhouse against pie andpotentially divide it? Doesn't sound like a good plan but maybe you meant it differently.

He meant that possibly stepping up and "straightening out" Pie on this issue might make him more of a clubhouse leader in general, a guy who isn't afraid to take charge of the team's play and morale.

I think it's Jones problem. I think he is into a territorial pissing contest in his own mind. I don't think Pie is trying to show him up, he is just going after the ball as he should. I don't think Jones is calling him off, I think Jones expects Pie to know that the ball is his.

I'm flabbergasted because I agree... :clap3:

He meant that possibly stepping up and "straightening out" Pie on this issue might make him more of a clubhouse leader in general, a guy who isn't afraid to take charge of the team's play and morale.

Is pie the one who needs straightening out? Seems like more than a few think it may be AJ

Archived