Dodger Stadium

Boy Howdy

Made my first visit there today and enjoyed it, but wasn't terribly impressed. Nevertheless, it was great to set foot in the place where the Orioles began their "Would you believe four straight?" run in 1966.

I am a walker but, man, you really have to hike to get there from the closest public transportation. I'm used to having thousands of people champing at the bit to get inside the ballpark as soon as gates open, but there were very short orderly lines at today's game. Though the announced attendence was 49,000+, there were lots of empty seats everywhere.

Unbelievably, I couldn't find a program to keep score in. When I finally asked, they told me they were sold out throughout the park (it's the last game of a homestand, but come on). Some guy in a tie finally went and got an old program from June and gave it to me for free. Nice gesture.

Dodger dogs are pretty tasty, a little different (and better) than your average ballpark frank. Large Corona for $13 made me glad my scorecard came free!

Lastly, I've always been a big Manny Ramirez fan and supporter and I pretty much still am, but he played left-field like a three-legged dog on hallucinogens today. I don't remember him being THAT bad, but he was attrocious despite the assist. He only got that because the Cubs understandably thought gambling on him not making the play was a risk worth taking.

Saw Sherrill, but he didn't get into the game.

Too bad you didn't let me know you were going. I might have been able to hook you up with some tix.

GS got his first NL save on Saturday afternoon, after having 6 holds. 11.2 scoreless innings so far in LA (3.2 IP away from tying a Dodger record for beginning of Dodger career), 13.2 straight scoreless innings overall. Just FYI

GS got his first NL save on Saturday afternoon, after having 6 holds. 11.2 scoreless innings so far in LA (3.2 IP away from tying a Dodger record for beginning of Dodger career), 13.2 straight scoreless innings overall. Just FYI

Thanks for the update! I try to catch GS on the Extra Innings package, but the games are on so late..

Too bad you didn't let me know you were going. I might have been able to hook you up with some tix.

Please tell him not to do this anymore. I have Broxton the great on my FBB team and I need the saves!;)

Thanks for the update! I try to catch GS on the Extra Innings package, but the games are on so late..

Who are you tellin'!?! Not getting to see him pitch until about midnight my time is sometimes hard -- well, at least to wake up early the next morning.

Archived