How would you redraft this year's draft?

Yeah, I was struggling between Grant Green and Wheeler. I do think the difference for him at the 5 slot instead of the 6 slot would have been negligible particularly with the Sanchez pick before the Orioles.

I think if I would have gone with Green, I would have gone after Matt Graham instead of Malm.

I think how our two selection differ is that I went a bit more for upside, while you went for more projectability. I think both of our choices are upside oriented.

If we went for projectability, I think this would be the target:

1. Alex White

2. Marc Krauss

3. Matt Dominguez

4. Adam Warren

5. Ryan Wheeler

6. Brooks Raley

7. Sean Black

8. Ryan Berry

9. Kendall Volz

10. Jacob Cowan

You then have about 2MM left to spend. Maybe Ohlman, Webb, Martin, Nathan Karns, and Jorge Reyes.

That is a pretty good looking draft, too.

I agree with you on that, and Alex White was my next pick. I hadn't soured on Green and White as much as many seemed to leading up to the draft.

I really like this draft. It would be nice to pick up Ohlman/Webb/Martin in addition to the top 10 guys. Sean Black was a potential target of mine. I also didn't even realize Ryan Wheeler was there in the 5th round.

Ultimately, I am happy with our draft. I think we got some nice upside guys. We might not see the fruits of this draft for some years to come but we definitely added talent and depth to the system. As I said, JJ has an incredibly difficult job and I don't claim to be able to do it better than him, not even the easy part (the exercise we just went through).

Archived