Adams sent home

3M9

Understood...and there were other guys there early (and I believe Adams was one of those). However, going to the dance doesn't put you on the dance floor. It would be "impressive" if he showed up. Billy has a HISTORY of being a "showcase" kind of guy. Those guys know what to do and how to do it to make an impression on people. He simply doesn't know how to do the "game" stuff. HUGE difference.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for Billy being on the field before everyone else, that certainly doesn't mean he's "working hard". It means he doesn't care about being part of a "team" so he does his own thing.

You're really reaching if you think that being out early to warm up is a bad thing. The players come out in a steady stream; the whole team doesn't come out at once.

I'm sorry, no it is NOT a bad thing. I should have said it "could" mean... But to say that a guy coming out "early" to stretch is a player that's working hard at getting better is a FAR reach.

It's more important to notice what that player is doing while he is out there. Is he pulling every ball tossed to him in the cage trying to hit moon shot home runs or is he practicing taking balls the other way for singles and hitting all over the field? Is he out there taking ground balls or is he just going through the motions? Watch guys each inning while the pitcher is warming up, are they really coming up and making strong accurate throws and then fielding them or are they just flipping the ball around? Those little things tell you a lot about a player.

SO true. You have to watch numerous games and if you do, and you're paying attention to the "little" things (that ultimately determine if you can play in the big leagues most of the time) while watching Adams...watch for things such as 1) how he struggles to use his feet when turning a routine double play...which he REALLY struggles with or 2) w/ a runner at 3rd w/ less than 2 outs - does he look for a ball that he can elevate to drive in the runner or does he simply swing at whatever is thrown to him or 3) if he pops up or hits a routine ground ball - does he run hard the entire play? If you're watching, you'll notice he struggles w/ all of these things. He actually has pretty good speed, but he's a poor baserunner and doesn't steal bases. He has decent hands and a pretty strong arm yet he really struggles to field and throw "cleanly". Those are the adjustments and "coachability" type things that are missing for him.

I am totally confused about this:confused:

The Ryan Adams I saw worked hard and was very sweet:)

Can I ask what he did that was so horrible?:(

Reading between the lines of this thread and what has been said publicly, my inference is that he said something insulting and disrespectful to Richie Hebner after playing badly.

Not to excuse Adams, but Richie Hebner was a Pittsburgh Pirate during the 1970s. 'Nuff said.

Reading between the lines of this thread and what has been said publicly, my inference is that he said something insulting and disrespectful to Richie Hebner after playing badly.

Not to excuse Adams, but Richie Hebner was a Pittsburgh Pirate during the 1970s. 'Nuff said.

Thanks for your help!:)

You like Ryan Adams - that's fine. But if any of you believe that Adams got SUSPENDED for the remainder of the year because of ONE "disrespectful" event, you're sadly mistaken. Believe it, or not, but this could be the BEST thing that could happen to Ryan. Hopefully he acknowledges WHY he was suspended and will make a serious effort to adjust his behavior.

You like Ryan Adams - that's fine. But if any of you believe that Adams got SUSPENDED for the remainder of the year because of ONE "disrespectful" event, you're sadly mistaken. Believe it, or not, but this could be the BEST thing that could happen to Ryan. Hopefully he acknowledges WHY he was suspended and will make a serious effort to adjust his behavior.
Welcome to the board. It's posters like you (experienced, knowledgeable, insightful) that make this such an enjoyable place to spend an evening.

AVencill says: But yes, he simply reached a boiling point and was sent home as a result.

AVencill is the OH's Frederick Keys reporter and this is what he said he got from the Orioles. So, it looks like Adams "blew up" on Hebner and was suspended. As to your next point, this could be a good thing for Adams and l concur with AVencill again:

Exactly. I'd like to see him with a chip on his shoulder coming into next spring, go bonkers and wind up starting at second base in Double-A Bowie.

He is a 21 year old baseball player who went through a lot because of Katrina and he was injured this year after starting out quite hot. I would hope that people would understand and not condemn this young man so harshly - it isn't like he threw a baseball at another player and killed a fan (Cubs prospect).

I would hope that people would understand and not condemn this young man so harshly - it isn't like he threw a baseball at another player and killed a fan (Cubs prospect).

The event you are talking about is not described correctly. The fan didn't die, but he suffered a concussion. I do agree that condemning someone without all the details is a step beyond where we should be. Be disappointed in his actions with hope he takes it as motivation.

The event you are talking about is not described correctly. The fan didn't die, but he suffered a concussion. I do agree that condemning someone without all the details is a step beyond where we should be. Be disappointed in his actions with hope he takes it as motivation.

Sorry meant to say could have killed a fan.

I heard that Billy was told that he's going to AA next year (that's from a couple weeks ago). That would be typical for the O's organization and another example of rewarding poor attitude and performance.

Irregardless of age, Rowell is the WORST player on the entire roster for the Keys. Worst attitude on the team as well. He'll be 21 in a couple weeks. If he were in college, he'd be a SR this year. SR's in college are LEADERS, dedicated workers, etc. Rowell is none of those.

Rowell has more errors, as an individual, than most entire OF's have. His attitude is awful, his OPS is virtually LAST of all "qualified" players in the league...and they're discussing moving him to AA?!

I'm not sure who would have told Billy this because knowing the way David Stockstill works, players have no clue where they are going the next season until the end of spring training. They may have an idea of where they are going, but I doubt Rowell was outright told by the Orioles that he was going to Double-A next year.

This would be way out of character for Stockstill.

Archived