Do you agree or disagree with Trembley's decision to "call out" Pie?

ChaosLex

Do you agree or disagree with Trembley's decision to "call out" Pie?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with Trembley's decision to "call out" Pie?

"I think it's Felix Pie being Felix Pie," manager Dave Trembley said afterward on MASN . "He makes mistakes on the bases and you sit there and say, 'How the heck did that happen?'"

http://masnsports.com/2009/08/pies-excruciating-adventures.html

I made a similar poll a few months ago when Trembley called out Pie in another presser.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was bush league, by TREMBLEY'S standards. This is Mr. Stand By Your Player when it is a struggling or underwhelming veteran. I thought Dave was better than that. On the flip side, I don't blame him for being frustrated- heck knows I would be. I just think he has really been inconsistent.

I think it's very obvious that Trembley dislikes Pie. If he would have made the same statements about other players, I'd have no problems with him doing it. This was an attempt to call out a player he doesn't want on his team. I think that's the bottom line.

I'm not sure that it's an actual decision. He's speaking what's on his mind at the time.

Interesting though that in a season of blunders and mental errors, DT has only done this with Pie. I think he really dislikes Pie.

There certainly seems to be something to that. Pie doesn't get treated like other players do.

I think it's very obvious that Trembley dislikes Pie. If he would have made the same statements about other players, I'd have no problems with him doing it. This was an attempt to call out a player he doesn't want on his team. I think that's the bottom line.

Agree completely. Pie's offense isn't even in the top ten Oriole boners this year, and now Trembley opens his mouth? If Trembley doesn't like Pie then get rid of Trembley.

There certainly seems to be something to that. Pie doesn't get treated like other players do.

Other players don't consistently make the same boneheaded mistakes that Pie does.

I think Trembley is extra frustrated with him because he can see the talent, yet it's getting to the point where you can't justify putting him in the lineup everyday if he is going to keep making these mental mistakes over and over again.

I support the calling out of Pie. It would be innapropriate for him to call out for example, Rich Hill and say "This man is old enough to know how to pitch, his performance is unacceptable". It's one thing to knock a player for lacking baseball skills (which are MUCH harder to be taught) than it is to knock a player for mental mistakes which can and should have been learned YEARS ago.

As stupid as those two baserunning blunders were, it's clear that Trembley doesn't want Pie on the field.

It would be interesting to hear Trembley's response if he was asked why he only criticizes Pie publicly, and doesn't say a word about Mora and Roberts.

I think he's just frustrated...really frustrated. With the team, but also with Pie. In other words, I don't think its a case of him taking his frustration with the team out on Felix, I think he's just as, if not more, frustrated with Felix than anyone else because here is a guy who can obviously do great things but fails night after night to overcome his complete and utter...I dunno...ADHD maybe, making the same mental errors again and again and again. It would frustrate me too!

I'm sure DT feels bad about it later on, and he should. I mean the entire 6th inning was one giant mental blunder on his part, using Bass and then keeping him in there while the game came completely unraveled. When it comes down to it they both made similar mistakes...they both took a chance that shouldn't have been taken.

Trembly's hot headed though - and Felix has GOT to find a way to overcome his in-game anxiety, calm the f--- down and pay closer attention. So yes I do disagree with him calling Pie out because it makes him look like a total hypocrite, but I also understand where he is coming from.

As stupid as those two baserunning blunders were, it's clear that Trembley doesn't want Pie on the field.

It would be interesting to hear Trembley's response if he was asked why he only criticizes Pie publicly, and doesn't say a word about Mora and Roberts.

Or even Wiggy. Did he say anything about that ridiculous Delay steal a few days ago?

Archived