Worst Uniforms Ever

Carllamy

What were the worst Baseball uniforms ever to disgrace a diamond. My votes:

1) The Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms of the 70s with their attrocious mustard color and box hats

2) The rainbow Houston Astros uniforms of the 70s

3) Chisox and their dark blue shorts - what were they thinking?

The reason I've put this as an O's thread is because someone is going to say the O's and their orange jerseys, but I am going to defend the orange jerseys. They were very different (how many teams have black jerseys, dodger blue jerseys and/or red jerseys - EVERYONE!) and since the color is linked to the state and city flags, I thought it showed they conveyed a little civic pride.

Funny story. I was in Pittsburgh last weekend and went to the game on Friday night. Tailgated outside until they kicked us out of the parking lot and made it into the game in the 6th inning. Even though we got there so late, there were plenty of that evening's giveaways left over. What was the giveaway? One of those atrocious yellow pillbox hats (it was 1979 celebration night, yuck).

At the time we were wrecked so we thought it was the greatest thing ever and wore them around all night. Now, it's somewhere up in the back of my closet.

Funny story. I was in Pittsburgh last weekend and went to the game on Friday night. Tailgated outside until they kicked us out of the parking lot and made it into the game in the 6th inning. Even though we got there so late, there were plenty of that evening's giveaways left over. What was the giveaway? One of those atrocious yellow pillbox hats (it was 1979 celebration night, yuck).

At the time we were wrecked so we thought it was the greatest thing ever and wore them around all night. Now, it's somewhere up in the back of my closet.

That is a terrible, awful, ugly hat. I love it and will gladly take it off your hands :laughlol:

Archived