Trembley's take on baserunning on the Orioles and in MLB

JTrea81

Roberts today on Scott and ANita talked about how it's the players responsibility running the bases. He said there isn't any fault at all on DT and the coaches for these blunders. I am willing to bet everyone in that clubhouse would echo Robert's sentiment if you asked them.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say, that is one of the saddest things I have ever seen anyone in an Orioles uniform say. I thought Players and Coaches should stand together. Shoulder burdens. Not be told they are not good enough to be in ML baseball. It seems like Samuel was a HS football coach in that quote. I am truly sad at that. In fact, I'm downright embarrassed to have him on a team I support. :o

What???:confused::confused: The truth hurts!!!!

And the sooner the better. Trembley brought in Alan Dunn at this point in the season in 2007.

I don't see why he can't fire Samuel and bring in somebody else. Samuel's comments pretty much will alienate him from the team IMO.

Have you ever played sports?????

I'd also like to point out, that if Samuel thinks that some or any of these ballplayers aren't Major Leagues players well he should look at himself because he certainly shouldn't be a Major League third base coach.

I dunno why, but what he said really got under my skin. That was pretty classless IMO.

And the sooner the better. Trembley brought in Alan Dunn at this point in the season in 2007.

I don't see why he can't fire Samuel and bring in somebody else. Samuel's comments pretty much will alienate him from the team IMO.

I don't think Trembley will fire Samuel, and he might not even have the authority to without MacPhail's permission as he seems to have to consult the suits on a lot of things that I think ideally a field manager is trusted enough to do. Samuel is the comparison that makes Trembley look halfway decent at his job just because he's not Juan. MacPhail, however, should swoop in from above the minute he reads/hears Samuel's comments tonight and send a security guard in to clean out his locker.

Eh, this isn't Payton Place. You're not going to fix baserunning issues by changing a coach 127 games into a 162 game season. Make the change in the offseason and start fresh in February/March when you have time to really work on this stuff.

Plus, we don't know yet if DT is coming back. It makes no sense to bring in a 3B coach who may be gone if a new manager is appointed. Not that I'm predicting DT will be gone. I'm not sure about that at all.

Roberts today on Scott and ANita talked about how it's the players responsibility running the bases. He said there isn't any fault at all on DT and the coaches for these blunders. I am willing to bet everyone in that clubhouse would echo Robert's sentiment if you asked them.

Because unlike Juan, the players have some unity. That's what I team is (I'm sure you know what a team is, I'm just venting a tad). You stand together. Not just point fingers and go, nut-uh it was his fault! Like that guy from OK State who kept proclaiming he was man. I'm 40 come after me, I'm a MAN! That is what teams do.

Juan Samuel is a joke, and this double speak by Trembley is particularly unnerving.

When's the last time you saw all this hoopla after a particular game? Oh, I know. It's because Felix Pie made them. Good grief.

FWIW, Juan Samuel, how many screw ups have you been made with your automatic windmill at 3B? How many screw ups has this team made with the hit and runs with players who SHOULDN'T be hitting and/or running (cough Mora, Huff, Scott, Wigginton)? How many screw ups have you made by not telling people to advance? How many screw ups have you made by not paying attention to the play that's happening?

Juan Samuel, you're a joke.

I'd also like to point out, that is Samuel thinks that some or any of these ballplayers aren't Major Leagues players well he should look at himself because he certainly shouldn't be a Major League third base coach.

I dunno why, but what he said really got under my skin. That was pretty classless IMO.

Come on!!! There not little leaguers, even though they act it!

This is gonna end up like the Ravens with Flacco. They make a coaching change and get a REAL quarterback and the team becomes good overnight.

I think we might need a bad cop. Someone who isnt very nice and doesnt tell the players when they are playing.

Billy Ripken. I really think he would be good. He also is abrupt, aggresive and OLD SCHOOL.

How about Lou Pinella he's a tough no nonsense SOB, look what he's doing with the Cubs. Whoops! Never mind.:mwahaha:

Come on!!! There not little leaguers, even though they act it!

I would have been irritated if Samuel had said it and he was a fantastic 3rd base coach. Fact is, he's quite possibly the worst in the league so he really has no room to talk. Much less talk poorly about the players he's a coach for.

Archived