Roch: O's may look to get a big bat this offseason

LookinUp

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Baseball Prospectus came out with their mid season top 50 with recent draftees on it.  3 Holliday 5 Mayo 12 Basallo Basallo was 12 with two recent draftees ahead of him. So we had 3 guys in the top 10. That’s not top 5, but that’s pretty darn close.
    • We really need to get the rotation more LH in the future. I heard a stat that since the WALL became a thing that we only have like 150 IP at by LH SP and our opponents have like 320 IP by LH SP at OPACY.  We rank like 28th in MLB in terms of IP by LH SP at home since the WALL.  We put up the darn wall. We should at least play to it in our home ballpark.  Povich and DeLeon are our only two LH SP prospects. 
    • The Burnes thing with some of you around here is extremely funny. He’s been durable over the last four years. Guys complain about the risks of trading prospects for Skubal, Crochet etc etc due to injury history.    I agree with @Greg Pappas and think Burnes would be a sound investment to anchor our rotation. I’m not saying you don’t insure the contract but it’s a good place to start a starting rotation and the first TOR we’ve had in years.
    • Look, I don't know you, and you certainly don't know me. I don't ask that ANYONE "White Knights" me. I enjoy this page because it is about the Orioles, the love of my sports life. I write impulsively at times, passionately most of the time, and perhaps at times, not up to you punctuation standards. But I will bow to no one in my love for this franchise and how I choose to express it. I don't really care that I get your approval. I do, however feel that your tone has been condescending and insulting. Enjoy your life, don't waste your time with red pencils correcting people's comments. It's simply not important nor worth it.
    • That Basallo, Mayo, and Holliday are still in the system on August 1st and that they acquired Mason Miller (somehow without including any of them in the trade), giving them a better bullpen and equipping them to roll the dice and see if they catch fire in October.
    • Also, I guess there's no set rotation by which they assign that 7th game and a four-game series to the Central and West opponents.  I thought it seemed strange to be playing Cleveland and Houston in a 4-game series yet again, and in fact it'll be the third straight year we played 7 games against Cleveland, and the third time in four years we played 7 games against Houston. In that same four year span we will have never played 7 games against Seattle, and only played the 7th game once against a few other Central/West teams.  Don't really care about this one way or another but I would have assumed it'd rotate around. 
  • Popular Contributors