8/28 Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, can any of you old guys (Rshack, El Gordo :D) remember if umpires were ever as bad as they are now?

I'm an old guy and I resemble that remark.

I finally don't hate that Heineken commercial. I thought of the perfect response. The guy sitting next to her says "We can share this one." Hands her the bottle and says "Ladies first."

:D

Hey, can any of you old guys (Rshack, El Gordo :D) remember if umpires were ever as bad as they are now?

Back before the mass resignation back in '99 it was worse then it is now. Not only were the Umps bad they were actively confrontational with the players and managers. Thankfully they were stupid enough to resign and MLB had the chance to clean a bunch of the worst offenders out.

Back before the mass resignation back in '99 it was worse then it is now. Not only were the Umps bad they were actively confrontational with the players and managers. Thankfully they were stupid enough to resign and MLB had the chance to clean a bunch of the worst offenders out.

Too bad CB Bucknor wasn't one of them.

I ownder how long it will take before they start realizing that these umpires either need better training or some sort of electronic help. It's just bad.

Too bad CB Bucknor wasn't one of them.

I ownder how long it will take before they start realizing that these umpires either need better training or some sort of electronic help. It's just bad.

I've honestly been wondering that myself.

I know it takes an aspect out of the game for pitchers, but with the technology possible today, will they ever switch over to the homeplate ump not calling balls/strikes, and fully rely on a pitch track?

Just a thought, and I'm not sure if I'm for or against it.

I'm an old guy and I resemble that remark.

I finally don't hate that Heineken commercial. I thought of the perfect response. The guy sitting next to her says "We can share this one." Hands her the bottle and says "Ladies first."

:D

You are NOT old!!!:eek:

I will be 29 in Sept!!!:):clap3:

Wieter's has got that "doesn't get much of it but it still goes crazy far" quality that other strong men seem to have, A-Rod's one of them, Vlad another. When he starts getting a real piece of the ball he's going to be a monster.

Archived