8/30 - Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

I don't think that is fair to Jones. He shouldn't have to move around like that. Jones should either be the primary CF, or primary LF who plays CF when Pie gets an occasional day off, not against all lefties.
I don't think Jones has been here long enough to own CF. I would like to see the best combo of offense and defense, I don't care about anyones "feelings".

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's walk through it.

First, sorry, this was not meant to be directed only at you. But at everyone who has started a Pie/Jones thread or continued such a played out and totally irrelevant debate.

Second, Beavises. Plural. See "Beavis and Butthead".

Third, what is your problem with the baltimore thing? I've lived in this city a long time and this city has thrown itself into rooting for Jones. You may not like it because you may think it has racial overtones, but you'd be wrong. He has become a role model for this city's youth (who desperately need a positive role model) and he has embraced that role (which is unusual enough in and of itself). In response, the team has thrown a great deal of marketing and advertisement into fostering the city's relationship with Jones. If you think I am wrong, sit in the Jones fan area in the upper deck of the first base line sometime. They are crazy for him. Add in that Jones is a good player, irrelevant of whether Pie is good, and he is not going anywhere. The team needs his bat, his glove, and his PR...and not in that order.

So again, settle down Beavis (see above if your brow is still furrowed).

The only thing that matters is the bolded part. If the player is not good then all the PR in the world does not matter. I have never watched Beavis and Butthead for even a second. I will leave that to you. A distraction from the Redskins is good.:)

I don't think Jones has been here long enough to own CF. I would like to see the best combo of offense and defense, I don't care about anyones "feelings".

Well, in theory I agree... but in reality, it's not that simple. AJ has delivered on what he's supposed to do. I'm in no hurry to make him feel demoted. It's a tricky situation. Just so we keep these guys and figure out some way to finesse it, that's OK with me. Our so-called OF problem is no problem at all, provided it's handled correctly. What "correctly" means is not exactly clear. In the meantime, we have a problem of riches, not a problem of problems. I just hope we keep these guys and maintain our excellent OF situation...

I'm back!

I wanna see Pig Pen come in and shut them down next inning. Show that he's tough and can put that last BS behind him.

You jinxed his no-hitter and ran away, and now you're advertising that you're back?

;-)

The only thing that matters is the bolded part. If the player is not good then all the PR in the world does not matter. I have never watched Beavis and Butthead for even a second. I will leave that to you. A distraction from the Redskins is good.:)

Oh, I agree. But the Orioles ARE factoring in the PR. That's why it is moot.

And yes, please distract me from the Redskins (at least the O's have a plan).

You jinxed his no-hitter and ran away, and now you're advertising that you're back?

;-)

The funny thing is, I knew you'd be the one who commented on it because you accused me of jinxing the O's in like... the first month of the season. :rofl:

But hey, we won. :D

Matusz probably pitched the best game of any rookie this year. And Pig Pen showed he's got a short memory with a 3 up 3 down ninth.

Celebration around my friends!

Archived