8/30 - Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it's pretty weird with the financial crunch that, of all things, we're sticking with the jets.

The pilots need flight time, they would be flying the jets with or without a Camden Yards flyover. My unit back in Germany managed to get some NATO flyovers during a TACEVAL one year, it did not cost any money since the pilots needed flight time, they just adjust the flight pattern.

One of the reasons U.S. has such an advantage in air to air combat is that the pilots get a lot more flight time.

The pilots need flight time, they would be flying the jets with or without a Camden Yards flyover. My unit back in Germany managed to get some NATO flyovers during a TACEVAL one year, it did not cost any money since the pilots needed flight time, they just adjust the flight pattern.

Well I guess that answers that. Thanks for clearing that up.

One of the reasons U.S. has such an advantage in air to air combat is that the pilots get a lot more flight time.

I don't see how sports flyovers is what they need to be practicing. I'd think it would be more along the lines of practicing dogfights or blowing up stuff, but I'm not a fighter pilot so I really don't know. Maybe we're planning war with Brazil and they wanna practice up for scaring the beejesus out of big soccer crowds...

I don't see how sports flyovers is what they need to be practicing. I'd think it would be more along the lines of practicing dogfights or blowing up stuff, but I'm not a fighter pilot so I really don't know. Maybe we're planning war with Brazil and they wanna practice up for scaring the beejesus out of big soccer crowds...

Flying in urban conditions in a tight pattern at high speed isn't usefull? Not a lot of places on the east coast where they can practice doing bombing runs.

I am not a pilot but from what I have been told time in the air is good for the pilot and the plane.

Flying in urban conditions in a tight pattern at high speed isn't usefull? Not a lot of places on the east coast where they can practice doing bombing runs.

I am not a pilot but from what I have been told time in the air is good for the pilot and the plane.

OK, fair enough...

Archived