What An Embarrassment

PrivateO

Nonsense. The team and the City want revenue. They will not do anything to tame opposing fans, lest they stop bringing their dollars to Baltimore.

I get that. But that also means they won't get my money on those days, and they'll routinely get embarrassed on Sports Center when people like Pettitte and Manny Ramirez get standing ovations at OPACY.

They obviously like the trade they've made.

You speak as someone with no knowledge of the subject. "Capisce" ;)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for you. That's called an opinion. I have a different one.

Embarrassment suggests something negative that you don't want to be associated with. Considering that calling yourself a fan implies the exact opposite, specifically associating yourself with something, that is an impossibility.

So, we don't have difference of opinion, but a difference of fact.

Embarrassment suggests something negative that you don't want to be associated with. Considering that calling yourself a fan implies the exact opposite, specifically associating yourself with something, that is an impossibility.

So, we don't have difference of opinion, but a difference of fact.

I don't know where you came up with that; but this is an issue that you love to beat the drum on so I'll stay out of your way.

You can support something and still be embarrassed by it.

For instance: Remember when Miguel Tejada broke his hand and still took an AB the next day to keep his playing streak intact? That was embarrassing.

I had a buddy who just bought a brand new Escalade with OnStar and their car phone service. He was bragging about how cool all this was.

We were going out to eat when he got a call on the cool car phone. He was excited that someone was actually calling him and he gets to test it out.

It was a bill collector. That was embarassing.

as an ex season ticket holder who moved to california in 97, I too am embarrassed by this phenomenon.

I was back in MD for a business trip earlier in the decade and went to an O's vs Sox games with a colleague who's a sox fan and couldn't believe my eyes. depressing. I hope that not only we can become a winning organization again, but also can somehow run off the yanks and sox scum.

I had a buddy who just bought a brand new Escalade with OnStar and their car phone service. He was bragging about how cool all this was.

We were going out to eat when he got a call on the cool car phone. He was excited that someone was actually calling him and he gets to test it out.

It was a bill collector. That was embarassing.

I once had a dream where I had to take a test, but when I walked into the classroom I was naked. Boy, was I embarrassed.

Now that we've each told stories with nothing to do with the discussion, would you like to get back to it?

Good for you. That's called an opinion. I have a different one.

I have loved this team since 1970. I still love them

But I am utterly embarrassed to be a fan. That doesnt mean I will stop being one. But the way they collapse every single year and fold to the Yankees and Redsox----yeah, its beyond embarrassing.

Bottom line--you root for the TEAM no matter the players. And for the last 11 year the PLAYERS are quitters.

Pathetic.

Archived