how embarrasing!!

The Azman

Dude - find me one person that said this team would be an offensive JUGGERNAUT as you put it.

People consider me to be a rainbow crapping optimist but even I said that we should expect Mora and Huff to be nowhere near their great 2009 seasons. If you genuinely expected that then I don;t know what to tell you.

This team was only going to go as far as the pitching took it, and we have some of the worst pitching in the league. Hopefully next year that won't be the case.

Hopefully next year Wieters, Reimold, Bell and Snyder all come into their own in the majors and our offense improves in a big way.

But if you expected this team to be an offensive "juggernaut" well then - man I have some land in Florida to sell you.

We sure did think that on this board when the season started.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just the latest in a long, long, long series of degradations upon the sport of baseball by this team.

I know we have a lot of young talent, but it's still hard to watch this group just fall apart at the sight of two certain teams.

It sucks - it genuinely sucks - no doubt about that.

It sucks that the Yankees as a team have been genuinely classless the last couple of games. Posada and Swisher standing and watching homeruns - yet Felix Pie had the audacity to hit a homerun and the Yankees take such great offense.

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for some sort of StarBucks-WalMart-McDonalds super combination that is destroying America.

... and do what?

Here's what I saw tonight:

• I saw a very good ballgame through 8.
  • I also saw Berken showing that he's getting better and better. His pitch count was better, and he held the MFY's to 1 run.
  • I also saw Pie, who supposedly can't hit lefties, go 2-for-3 off of Sabathia... after doing fine against Buehrle.
  • I also saw an amazingly bad 9th inning. Most of their hits weren't even hit that hard, they mainly just had eyes.

So, of those 4 things, which do you think are the most important?

One game? When was the last time the Orioles won a series against the Yanks or Redsox?

The hits had eyes? Loser mentality. Thats baseball. Watch the games. You just see that they play like they dont belong on the same field.

I have never been more disgusted with my team in my 36 years as a fan. To me this is the worst ever.

lah di - effing dah.

You realize how many managers would do the exact same thing? Berken is a rookie who is having his innings watched closely.

This is how the sixth inning played out.

Cano singled to start

Then there was a ground out but Cano moved to second.

up comes Hinske who hit a homerun his last AB

Hendrickson gets him

Mickolio comes up and finishes the inning in the next two batters

The sixth inning was not the problem here.

He left Mickolio in to pitch the seventh when Cam got hit.

Your second statement makes no sense. If he was having his innings watched so closely, he would have never started the inning. So therefore, your first statement is not correct either, because most that would have done something would have had a guy in there who could have gone an inning plus.

I didn't see the game, but based on what you stated, that is horrid bullpen management. You don't go to a LOOGY with one out in the 6th inning of a 1-1 ballgame and only a man on second. If you do go to your lefty in the pen, don't make it for a just one out, since the LOOGY was one thing that was stated as not being necessarily needed.

Irregardless of whether they got the job done or not, you don't use 7 bullpen guys for 3.2 IP. That is just plain horrid, nothing more, nothing less.

It sucks - it genuinely sucks - no doubt about that.

It sucks that the Yankees as a team have been genuinely classless the last couple of games. Posada and Swisher standing and watching homeruns - yet Felix Pie had the audacity to hit a homerun and the Yankees take such great offense.

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for some sort of StarBucks-WalMart-McDonalds super combination that is destroying America.

Thats why I can never understand why people would hate the Redsox more.

Your second statement makes no sense. If he was having his innings watched so closely, he would have never started the inning. So therefore, your first statement is not correct either, because most that would have done something would have had a guy in there who could have gone an inning plus.

I didn't see the game, but based on what you stated, that is horrid bullpen management. You don't go to a LOOGY with one out in the 6th inning of a 1-1 ballgame and only a man on second. If you do go to your lefty in the pen, don't make it for a just one out, since the LOOGY was one thing that was stated as not being necessarily needed.

Irregardless of whether they got the job done or not, you don't use 7 bullpen guys for 3.2 IP. That is just plain horrid, nothing more, nothing less.

So you would leave Johnson in there and Mickolio in there after their performances?

Seriously?

... and do what?

Here's what I saw tonight:

• I saw a very good ballgame through 8.
  • I also saw Berken showing that he's getting better and better. His pitch count was better, and he held the MFY's to 1 run.
  • I also saw Pie, who supposedly can't hit lefties, go 2-for-3 off of Sabathia... after doing fine against Buehrle.
  • I also saw an amazingly bad 9th inning. Most of their hits weren't even hit that hard, they mainly just had eyes.

So, of those 4 things, which do you think are the most important?

You also saw Reimold being extremely patient and off field power. He impresses me more everyday. I hope he finds a position other than DH, he is much too young and not terrible in the field.

You know, I was listening to Heath Bell this afternoon on XM, and he was talking about being on the last place Padres in Sept.

There was no defeatist attitude, no "we hope" or "we'll see," but he said they weren't concerned about catching the DBacks for 4th, rather that this was their October and they were going to enjoy playing the spolier in playoff races, that they could knock teams out of races and eliminate them.

He said the young guys were all excited about coming to the ballpark and the Padres were trying to win every game they could just to win them because it was important to win games.

This is exactly what we are missing on this team. There is no desire from the players, no urgency, no commitment to winning games. None.

Any chance you might go be a Padres fan?

On a team thats not trying and has no commitment to winning, I saw a rookie pitcher who's been battered around pitch some.....you know, it's not worth it.

Is it possible to ignore someone that monopolizes all threads and still see any content? Anyone?

One game? When was the last time the Orioles won a series against the Yanks or Redsox?

The hits had eyes? Loser mentality. Thats baseball. Watch the games. You just see that they play like they dont belong on the same field.

I have never been more disgusted with my team in my 36 years as a fan. To me this is the worst ever.

I guess that means that you don't wanna answer the question. OK. No reason why you have to.

Personally, almost every game, I see something about the future to be encouraged about. If you don't, that's fine. No reason why you have to.

So you would leave Johnson in there and Mickolio in there after their performances?

Seriously?

Mickolio and Johnson would be moot points in regards to the discussion of bad bullpen management of the 6th inning. Please re-read your and my post.

As for my last statement in my post, you still don't use 7 guys to pitch 3.2 innings, period. You definitely don't need to use 4 pitchers to get through 7 innings, when your starter goes 5.1 with only 86 pitches thrown.

You know, I was listening to Heath Bell this afternoon on XM, and he was talking about being on the last place Padres in Sept.

There was no defeatist attitude, no "we hope" or "we'll see," but he said they weren't concerned about catching the DBacks for 4th, rather that this was their October and they were going to enjoy playing the spolier in playoff races, that they could knock teams out of races and eliminate them.

He said the young guys were all excited about coming to the ballpark and the Padres were trying to win every game they could just to win them because it was important to win games.

This is exactly what we are missing on this team. There is no desire from the players, no urgency, no commitment to winning games. None.

I would love, LOVE you to go to the next Q+A with a player and say that exact statement to their faces.

I would love to see you do that.

Because at Fanfest some jackass did just that and Crow looked like he was about to get up and kick his ass.

I guess that means that you don't wanna answer the question. OK. No reason why you have to.

Personally, almost every game, I see something about the future to be encouraged about. If you don't, that's fine. No reason why you have to.

Every single game you could watch ,for any team, will have something positive.

I am sure you wouldnt accept your own business to fail like this franchise. In your business, do you make excuses like this? Or do you look to fix them?

I would love, LOVE you to go to the next Q+A with a player and say that exact statement to their faces.

I would love to see you do that.

Because at Fanfest some jackass did just that and Crow looked like he was about to get up and kick his ass.

And Crow has done such a wonderful job right? Please. He is someone who is a major part of the problem with this franchise. He needs to take a long permanent vacation.

Archived