Are the Orioles committed to winning?

JTrea81

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd rather see progress in the terms of wins and losses in the short term even if it meant the organization would be worse off in 2 or 3 years.

Seriously. I feel like a lot of people here would mortgage the future to finish 82-80 this year.

JTrea, you are like a little kid. There is no magic date when the team starts winning. This is baseball. No one can predict when Tillman & Matusz mature into rotation stalwarts, or whether Jones takes another step forward next year. The talent is being accumulated. Progress has been made. You are like a broken record. You'd rather see progress in the terms of wins and losses in the short term even if it meant the organization would be worse off in 2 or 3 years.

This team doesn't have to hit rock bottom to accumulate talent, and that's exactly what has happened. We have resources to be competitive and still accumulate talent IMO.

I haven't seen MacPhail say that we are committed to putting a winning product on the field yet.

I've seen a lot of "we'll see what we got with the talent, and maybe we'll add some pieces," but I haven't seen a firm commitment from MacPhail or the Orioles, that as a goal they want to get back to the playoffs within a certain timeframe. There's been a lot of implied and infered things, but no concrete committment from this organization to winning games anytime soon.

Instead of being in a wait and see mode, why not try to put a winning product on the field now? Because if you wait and see, and your plan fails, then you have just wasted the last 3.5 years, and will have to start all over again. Why wait to see if that happens?

This team doesn't have to hit rock bottom to accumulate talent, and that's exactly what has happened. We have resources to be competitive and still accumulate talent IMO.

I haven't seen MacPhail say that we are committed to putting a winning product on the field yet.

I've seen a lot of "we'll see what we got with the talent, and maybe we'll add some pieces," but I haven't seen a firm commitment from MacPhail or the Orioles, that as a goal they want to get back to the playoffs within a certain timeframe. There's been a lot of implied and infered things, but no concrete committment from this organization to winning games anytime soon.

Instead of being in a wait and see mode, why not try to put a winning product on the field now? Because if you wait and see, and your plan fails, then you have just wasted the last 3.5 years, and will have to start all over again. Why wait to see if that happens?

What do you think he is committed to? Dropping the payroll and putting money into PAs pocket?

That he doesn't care about winning?

This is a little ridiculous...He doesn't need to hold a press conference to say "we want to win"...That is freakin obvious!

If only we had signed Tex. We could have won 6 more games this year and made JTrea a much happier poster.

I think they're committed to winning and Drungo has it pretty much in line with how I feel as well. I am frustrated with the losing tot he MFY and Red Sux consitently too but I have to keep reminding myself that it's soon going to be different. It is.

The organization was such a mess top to bottom when AM took over that we all knew it wasn't going to happen overnight, or even in two years. But what he has done is to flush out pretty much every remaining turd in the line at the MLB level and also he has replenished the farm with legit prospects at most levels.

What I think the important thing he is doing is he is making sure that once we start winning that the organization can sustain it. He doesn't want a flash in the pan success of one or two years, he wants exactly what we want, a long term return to glory. And he's doing that by building a solid foundation in the farm and scouting and development areas.

You're entitled to your opinion but you do realize the nightmare MacPhail inherited, right? Building any type of Franchise takes time. To just blindly throw money at problems isn't feasible or practical. By next year you will see the progress from the way MacPhail has built this Organization.

And he's doing that by building a solid foundation in the farm and scouting and development areas.

That's great, but he's doing next to nothing about the on-field ML product.

He can improve both at the same time.

We don't have to be the Marlins and Rays and try to struggle through a season with all young talent and retreads.

You're entitled to your opinion but you do realize the nightmare MacPhail inherited, right? Building any type of Franchise takes time. To just blindly throw money at problems isn't feasible or practical. By next year you will see the progress from the way MacPhail has built this Organization.

The Marlins seemed to be able to actually REALLY build a franchise, win a World Series, tear it down, build it back up, win another World Series, in a kinda short amount of time.

It is starting to look that way with no firm committment to ending the rebuilding.

Again, why does a team trying to line its pockets hand $106 million to Markakis and Roberts?

If your theory was true, they would have traded Roberts and Markakis and replaced them with Turner and Reimold.

Did you even want a rebuilding in the first place? Just curious. Were you for the Bedard & Tejada trades?

I wanted us to tear it down, but also use our resources to aqcuire younger, established players to help build it back up quickly.

We don't have to have a payroll below $60 million for a rebuild to happen IMO.

It is starting to look that way with no firm committment to ending the rebuilding.

Well if that is what you really believe, then why even bother posting here or following the team anymore?

I mean, its pretty absurd that you think this team cares about winning and just wants to put money in its pocket.

Archived