D-backs recall Daniel Cabrera

Boy Howdy

BTW, somebody on here wondered about Cabrera's velocity recently. Can't find any specifics, but 'Zona GM A.J. Hinch says, "His velocity has picked up from the moment we signed him through his outings."

In his last AAA outing Wednesday, he threw 5ip 4h 2r 3bb 4k

As an Oriole, Daniel whiffed in all 14 of his official at bats (plus one sacrifice bunt).

Earlier this season with the Nats, he went 0-11 with 9 strikeouts. He also walked twice(!), got hit by a pitch and dropped a pair of successful sac bunts. He did manage a hit in spring training, but is currently 0-25 as a big leaguer.

He did get his first minor league at bat recently, and struck out. He also bunted successfully for Reno.

With the Nats, I think he actually made contact with one pitch when he fouled off a ball while trying to bunt.

I always thought something would suddenly click for Cabrera and he would become a dominate pitcher. I wish him nothing but success with the Dbacks.

I remember earlier this year, that D-Cab walked on 4 pitches against the Marlins.

On the mound...Hayden Penn. How ironic!

How the hell can you not throw 1 strike to him? His strike zone is HUGE. Musta been an intentional walk because the pitcher knew how highly regarded of a power hitter he was....:)

Just was checking out the Arizona Diamondbacks feed.........and who should I see on the mound for the snakes but Daniel Cabrera.

Walk..........walk..........double...........2 rbi single.............hit batter.......

Then they take him out. He did not record a single out. Is anyone else feeling nostalgic?

Just was checking out the Arizona Diamondbacks feed.........and who should I see on the mound for the snakes but Daniel Cabrera.

Walk..........walk..........double...........2 rbi single.............hit batter.......

Then they take him out. He did not record a single out. Is anyone else feeling nostalgic?

That sequence brings back memories. Lots of them.

Archived